• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

MSC Poesia Review

Editor Rating

Great ports, service and cabins

Review for MSC Poesia to the Baltic Sea
TammyTraveler
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

I would like to give my honest review of the Baltic cruise on the MSC Poesia. We started our cruise in Warnemunde. We spent the night before the cruise in Rostock, Germany. It was a nice town with a strip of shops and colorful houses.

In the morning we made the short drive to Warnemunde. I had purchased parking at Easy Parken for 96 euros for the cruise. It was a breeze. The workers were friendly and delivered us to the ship.

The embarkment process was easy. We received our cards and went to our room. It looks like most of the rooms have balconies. I would highly recommend having a balcony. We sat out at some of the ports and enjoyed watching the water. Our cabin steward did a great job keeping our room looking good.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B2

Nice size cabin with a balcony. We loved having a balcony!

Port Reviews

Rostock (Warnemunde)

We stayed in Rostock the night before the cruise.

Klaipeda

There really is not much to see here. There are good prices for amber at the market. We enjoyed a nice lunch in town.

Riga

A pretty city. We took the hop on hop off tour.

Tallinn

I really like this medieval town plus the upper area with the beautiful Russian Orthodox church and palace.

Helsinki

We took the hop on hop off from the port. The city is a bit boring.

Stockholm

I really liked Stockholm! We took the Hop on Hop off from the port. The city is lovely with a very old area and newer areas.

9 Helpful Votes