American Duchess Cruise Review

All the staff was beyond superb. We were grateful for the excellent service.

American Duchess Cruise Review by mjreiber

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: the USA

The wait staff was superb, extremely accommodating. The cleaning crew did a superb job. Kristen, the EMT, and Kashawna, the Purser, went above and beyond to arrange an oxygen concentrator when "Special Needs" failed to provide a working concentrator. I am extremely thankful and forever in their debt. Without their service, I might have been unable to complete the voyage. Two days without oxygen was challenging for me since I have a very severe case of Sleep Apnea that requires an oxygen concentrator and a CPAP machine. I am forever in their debt for the extraordinary service they provided for me. Their extreme care made this a successful vacation. It is heartwarming to know that the cruise line was here to accommodate my every need, but these two workers were unabelievably accommocating. I am so grateful for their care. They successfully arranged a concentrator and a backup to be delivered after we had already set sail. After two days without oxygen I was beginning to wonder if I would have to discontinue my cruise. Thankfully, they rectified the problem. I look forward to taking another excursion on the American Queen Steamboat Company,.

mjreiber's Full Rating Summary

Cabin stateroom with balcony 342

I was worried that our cabin would not be large enough to provide sufficient space for me and my two sisters. I was pleasantly surprised that we had more than enough room for all 3 of us. Not only was their sufficient space to hang all of our clothing for 8 days, there was adequate room to store our luggage. I will happily recommend this cruise line to my friends.

mjreiber