• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

MSC Meraviglia Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Poor food, sad unfriendly staff and no customer support

Review for MSC Meraviglia to the Western Mediterranean
Rjrja20
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Bella Inside Stateroom

First , I tried to contact MSC customer support prior to the cruise. Two emails and two phone call back requests and NO response! Ship was beautiful but food was mediocre at best. Staff was sad looking, not friendly and not helpful. They just stood around looking like sad sacks. When I had an issue and went to the front desk I was met with:someone will respond. No one ever did. Funny, after I got home I receive an email asking if the problems had been handled. I responded No! Again no response from anyone. At dinner the waiter made a mess of our order, brought it cold and said the kitchen was having problems? It was obvious to the three of us that the staff urgently needed extra training, with about half of the buffet group being send to a remedial course. There was consistently confusion when approaching key staff. One officer replied, I have absolutely no idea and walked away without offering assistance. It may have been a cheaper cruise but not worth the money. This was my 38th cruise and my worst. I use to say there are no bad cruises, just some better than others. I no longer will say that. Cabin attendants were good but also confused when asked about simple issues like why did I not get a daily program or why can I not get ice. Entertainment was on the cheap.

Bella Inside Stateroom

Small cabin, poor bed but when they brought the mattress that helped

Find an MSC Meraviglia Cruise from $229