3. MSC Preziosa
I Wanted to try MSC and see what i thought,I had done 5 cruises on them but not for 7 years. sadly you cannot carry over your points so from BLACK i was NOW SILVER. PRE CRUISE. I Flew on RYANAIR from STANSTED AIRPORT to HAMBURG got train to HAMBURG and found my hotel very close the station. I had to walk up stairs to get to the RECEPTION to check in and get KEYS then a lift to the 4th floor anmd walk up to 5th floor. A good size room with heat working i shared a toilet. After retired as it had been a long day. FRIDAY 26th APRIL. After BREAKFAST with was good but hard to find a free table as there was lot of people there. I found JUICE,CEREALS,MEATS AND CHEESES and FRIED EGG. A ROLL AND CHOCOLATE SPREAD. Then left the KEYS and went to LANDSBRUCKEN and walked along the PROM found some ship models and walked to the CRUISE and MARITIME MUSEUM. I always love going there even though i had done it before. Saw lots of models to buy and went in lift to 9th floor and saw thousands of models. Then got train back and had a GERMAN SAUSAGE. Then got ferry to see "BALMORAL" CRUISESHIP THERE and walked yup the many steps to get a great view of the ship. Eventually she left and then went back to get something to eat. EMBARKATION DAY. After BREAKFAST much quieter today i left HOTEL to get a ticket for the SHUTTLE to the SHIP they charged it to my onboard account. After a super fast check in i boarded the SHIP and as CABINS were not ready till 2pm i went to have a BUFFET LUNCH. Then the CABINS WERE READY and was happy ton find a large inside cabin with COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES. I put my small case in so had to wait for it to arrive. Lifeboat drill was 1715Hrs So had cakes in the buffet for afternoon tea. I picked up my LIFEJACKET and went down to the CASINO. I showed my CRUISE CARD and managed to find somewhere to sit. They showed up how to put the LIFEJACKET on then it was over it was hard work walking up 5 flights to get back to my cabin. Then dinner was at the LOBSTER RESTAURANT 1st sitting which i like and sat with TIM AND ANDY another couple and another couple later. THE Food was good a lot of choice i had free bottled water as i had booked through an american agent. Then i went to the SHOW at 2115 After going up on deck to see the ship leave. It was called 70's FEVEWR SHOW 2 ladies singing 70's songs i like some of their songs but a lot of people walked out. I saw them on the bus and they were so nervous doing this new show. I now went to the LOGO SHOP with the PREZIOSA models which were gone! they said they had sold out but managed to the one in the window. Next day they were there why would he lie to me? I like a cigar butb even though she is a big ship she had no CIGAR ROOM I went on deck it wad very cold and noticed it said NO CIGARS? where are we supposed to smoke them then? NO coffee in cabin despite asking for it but had ice in bucket. AT SEA. I went tom the LOBSTER RESTAURANT and asked to sit with other but the other 4 people spoke german and very little english! We wait for 30 mins to take out order and had to waive out menu's atb the waiters! Got JUICE and asked for SWISS MUESLI it was ordinary muesli with milk and yoghart (NOT THE SAME) and EGGS BENEDICT WHICH WAS GOOD and hard toast. LE HAVRE. I got up at 0545Hrs to see the ship arrive in LE HAVRE,Then had BREAKFAST in the BUFFET plenty of room and found a much better SWISS MUESLI,FRIED EGG,BACON,SAUSAGE,BEANS and BLACK PUDDING. Then the ship was cleared so i could leave. As i had not booked and excursion and the shuttle bus was 6 EURO and last one was 1800 i Walked to the STATION it took 40 mins the queue at ticket office was so slow in missed the train to PARIS and had to wait 2 hours for the next one. The toilets were out of order too. I Had a CREDIT CARD but as the ship wanted to charge 250 euro i had only a 200£ limit i could not use it on the ship so i had to get 220 euro out of the ATM. It took 2 hours to get to PARIS got a ticket for the METRO went to the EIFFEL TOWER and MONTMARTRE a lot of walking there and it had changed a lot.I missed the 1723 Train but mins and gor 1749 instead it was rush hour but got a seat ok. When i got to LE HAVRE i walked to far and had to go back ended up at cross channel port had to go back and only got on the ship with 10 mins before i gangway went up! All the food wasc finished apart from slices of pizza i wanted cake but said not till 2200 lady got me 2 plates of cakes and watched the ship sail. Saw a much better show with singers and dancers. DISEMBARKATION. I woke up at 0445Hrs to make sure i saw us arrive in SOUTHAMPTON I got MY PARMA FLAG OUT and hope STEVEN SAW ME and the flag as we passed by. Had another nice BUFFET BREAKFAST but no BLACK PUDDING. As i had only a case i could leave the ship at 0730Hrs i also could not find my t shirt and asked my CABIN STEWARD where it was he found it under my pillow he never even said sorry i never gave him a tip. I walked off the ship and got the 0900 train to LONDON. WHAT I THOUGHT of CRUISE. I liked the food Service was poor in parts show were pretty good. But did'nt like credit card charge,logo shop,cabin n steward not the best and smoking was a bit strange. So not asure if i would go on MSC AGAIN.

Mini cruise

EMBARKATION DAY.

AT SEA.

LE HAVRE.

DISEMBARKATION.

I walked off the ship and got the 0900 train to LONDON.

WHAT I THOUGHT of CRUISE.

seabourndt’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Preziosa price drops

Bella Interior Stateroom
Cabin I1 11013
nice size of cabin plenty of drawer s[pace,bathroom good. tv channels very little choice in english headboard in bed a bit hard. small chair and pouffe was a good idea
Tormalina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins