3. Carnival Miracle
Embarkation in Tampa on the Carnival Miracle was the fastest and smoothest of our 10 cruises we have been on. We literally where on the ship enjoying buffet 15 mins after our Uber dropped us off at the port. No waiting at all - just straight through. The boarding arrival appointment time is a great touch. Ours was 11:30-12:00. The ship is an older ship and is in need of a refurbishment to compare to some of the newer ships. The decor is to be appreciated and is themed. We like that most evening entertainment (casino, comedy and playlist shows) and fine dining were all on the same floor. Never had an issue getting loungers. However, pool and hot tubs areas where crowded (like usual). Family wise, I would not recommend this ship as it lacked kid deck activities (only one water slide, no splash pad, no bowling, etc) compared to other carnival ships. We ate in the main dining hall each night. Food and service was great. Ate buffet for breakfast and lunch everyday, did not take advantage of the restaurants during these times. Like all buffets stay away from peak times as it gets really busy. Food was good. Large selection and lots of seating. We had paid the extra for an extendable Balcony on deck 7, room 7165. Room was fine. Lots of storage. Unlike most ships our cabin boy only serviced our room in the morning. He just put your daily itinerary outside of our door in the evening, no turndown service. Cruise director, Frankie, was excellent and did his job well. Interacted a lot with cruisers and made activities fun. Playlist Productions - Heart of Soul (Motown) 2/10. Getaway Island (Beach theme) 6/10. 88 Keys (Rock & Roll Piano) 8/10. 80s POP 7/10. Went to the love and marriage show as always a blast. Great laugh! Highly recommend. 10/10. Went to carnival quest. This is new and our first time trying out this adult only activity. It gets pretty R rated but we had so much fun with friends 10/10! Lip sync battle 10/10. Piano bar with Tony was nice and relaxing. Dr. Frankenstein’s bar was cool. We only attended the R-18 shows. Mike Estime was 20/10 - Fantastic!! By far the best entertainment on the ship for us. Soooo funny! Tears rolling down my cheeks. Caroline Picard 9/10. Tony Esposito. 8/10. Myles Weber 7/10. As a birthday gift (be sure to get your travel agent to put it on your file) Carnival gave me a $50 credit to use at the Spa. I went and had a fire and ice pedicure and it was great. Of course the nail tech was trying to sell me moisturizers, scrubs and oils. She was trying to sell me all of her recommendations while I was trying to “relax”. I didn’t end up buying any products and I won’t be using the spa again. In Cozumel we did the Amazing Underground Caves through Costco Excursions. Highly recommend. It certainly was amazing! In Belize we did Athan Ha and Belize city tour through Costco Excursions. Guide was very informative and we enjoyed it. Nice half day excursion. In Honduras we just went to the right of the pier to the beach. Lounge chairs are free and you can pay nominal fee for wifi. For Cayman Islands, we just hung out on the ship as we have been there before. Quite the treat, serenity area, pool and hot tubs all to ourselves. Disembarkation was organized but took about a hour, which is the longest we ever had to wait. Overall, for the price paid we enjoyed the ship very much. Would we be rushing back on it again?!? Probably not until it has refurbishment as we have been on some of Carnival’s newer ships, but would not discourage anyone from trying the Miracle out.

Great cruise but needs a little update

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by SaltWaterNewfie