3. Finnmarken
I wanted to cruise the Norwegian coast and Hurtigruten provides a very safe experience. We were told if the weather is really bad, they ships wait it out until it's safe to proceed which is nice to hear after the Viking disaster. The cabins are small but adequate. I travelled with a friend but we chose to have separate cabins. 12 days together in one small cabin would have been difficult. The pace of the cruise was perfect and there were plenty of opportunities to get off the ship to explore even when the stops were short. I wouldn't recommend this cruise with children and I wouldn't recommend it to younger people. There is no entertainment on board although the scenery is compelling. We found a game of Rummy on board and we played it a lot. I became an expert. The food is great and there is plenty of it. Great choices and the food is very fresh and healthy. I didn't bother to purchase internet. About half the places had wi fi available, but it became more limited the further north you go. Sit outside any hotel and you can usually pick up their wi fi. Read the reviews before you purchase excursions. They are expensive but some are worth it.

Magical Norway

Finnmarken Cruise Review by Susiangelgirl

Susiangelgirl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Hurtigruten Finnmarken price drops

Small cabins but adequate. Plenty of room for one person, would be cramped with two. Plenty of hot water. I had a cabin with two round portholes. I took my own shampoo and body wash. No face washers.