This was my first, and will be my only Oceania cruise. Overall, the cruise was very disappointing, especially considering how much money we paid. The good: - The rooms were spacious with lots of storage - The food was quite good, especially in the speciality restaurants The bad: - We paid for a conceirge room. Big mistake. The conceirge was horrible. When asked about short excursions, he said to go to the shore excursion desk. When asked about dinner reservations, he said to go to the restaurant. He just sat at his desk on his computer ignoring all the customers. To illustrate just how poor his service was, the door to the lounge on the port side was not working. Even though his chair was less than 10 feet away he would never get up to open it. You either had to go around or rely on other passengers to open it for you. (He also never called to get it fixed. Every day he would say, "I need to call on that".) - Docking locations. Our ship primarily docked in commerical shipping areas. We saw many other ships docked at the cruise ship terminals, but not ours. In Dublin our cab driver asked why our ship was docked next to the dump! Few transports were provided into town. Is Oceania cutting corners? - Tours. The Oceania tours were crowded and over-priced. Did much better with ViaTour. - Cooking lesson. This was something I was really looking forward to. My friend and I took a class on "Cooking on Fire". It seemed that the Chef only wanted to answer questions asked by the male guests. When a male pointed out that I had a question, it was responded to in a very condescending tone, calling me "sir". (I am a woman.) Needless to say, I did not take a second cooking class. The Chef's helpers were very good. The other guests who have traveled with Oceania before said this cruise was not up to their normal standards. They were spectulating that perhaps it is because they were recently sold. A number of them said they were going to try a different cruise line for their next cruise. For me, I would be much happier in a Conceirge level room on Holland America or in a balcony room on Azamara.

Very Disappointing - I would avoid cruising with Oceania

Marina Cruise Review by econprofessor

The good:

- The rooms were spacious with lots of storage

- The food was quite good, especially in the speciality restaurants

The bad:

econprofessor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Concierge Level
Cabin A2
Room was spacious with lots of storage.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins