3. Norwegian Epic
A transatlantic cruise is on my husband’s bucket list and this timeframe and ports worked for us. I provid more detail below in the cabin review section as I did not realize I was to place it here. PLEASE SEE THIS SECTION FOR SPECIFIC DETAILS Cabin - good, no lounger on balcony Food - poor Service - mixed, from poor to good Shows - excellent Ship layout - Fair, swimming pools look so odd compared to RCL. They are really unappealing to the eye. Itinerary - great ports considering a transatlantic cruise Time change - no time change for 3 days and then a change 3 days in a row. I think this could have been spread out more. Dining experience - freestyle means no reservations in the main dining rooms; this does mean you will wait from 5-30 minutes for a table. Cleanliness - good Fitness - good selection of classes; exercise area is a little too warm

Not Epic so far

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Mattie1918

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Cabin - good, no lounger on balcony

Food - poor

Service - mixed, from poor to good

Shows - excellent

Itinerary - great ports considering a transatlantic cruise

Cleanliness - good

Fitness - good selection of classes; exercise area is a little too warm
Mattie1918’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 14057
Our embarkation at Cape Canaveral was very smooth and fast.
This is our first cruise with Norwegian; all other cruises have been with RCL and Celebrity.
Cabin - mini-suite, plenty of storage space, bed is comfortable although short if you are taller than 5’8”. We do not care for having the tiny sink in the actual room.
Dining - we are very disappointed in the dining in the main dining rooms. We are on day 6 and we have only had one meal that we would rate excellent. Food temperature has been barely warm. We dined in Le Bistro last night and were very excited to enjoy Dover sole. Unfortunately, the fish was over salted. When I say over salted, I mean my husband who loves salt was scraping it to try to remove salt.
Service - at this point, I would say half of our experiences with service personnel have been very poor. By very poor, I mean the personnel acting as if they were doing us a favor by serving us. We NEVER had this on RCL. Our service in Le Bistro was good. Service in the Manhattan Room was good. Waves bartender was good even though they are wildly busy. Service in Taste was mixed; first visit, it was diabolical. We were ignored. Second night on different side of the restaurant, service was good. Bizarrely, the poor services were in places not that busy.
Spa - good service here. So far I enjoyed a body scrub and massage with Catherine. She is lovely and the massage is THE best massage I have ever had. I have massages fairly often.
Ship layout - We do not like that the ship does not have a walking/jogging track going all the way around the ship. I also enjoyed the Promenade on RCL; Norwegian layout does not have anything like this.
Shows- so far we have seen a comedy show - good; Burn The Floor-excellent; Priscilla-excellent; Havana Tropical-good.
Shops - staff has been helpful and I have made a few purchases
Wifi - good considering we are in the middle of the ocean.

We have another 9 days with port visits so I will be writing more later.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins