3. Norwegian Jade
We caught an 11am shuttle from our hotel to the port. By 12.10 we were upstairs and waiting to board. We didn’t realise when checking in we required our ESTA which was packed in our suitcase. Thankfully they let us board anyway. We were on board by 1pm. We met our cabin steward the day we embarked and we saw him at least once if not twice a day. Our cabin stewards service was great. We only ate in O'Sheehan's once on Embarkation day. We didn't have trouble procurring a table. I was dissapointed O'Sheehan's don't serve the chicken tenders anymore. Our first day at sea we ate lunch in the Grand Pacific Restaurant after we attended the Meet & Greet. I wasn’t fussed by the lunch options and wouldn’t choose to eat lunch in the restaurant again. The remainder of our lunches we ate in the Garden Cafe and we always found enough options to eat. We ate dinner in Alizars every night. We almost always arrived for dinner at 7pm and at least half the time we had a 20min wait for a table. Magnums was a great bar to spend the time whilst we waited for a table. The bar staff in Magnums were fabulous(very entertaining and prompt service). The food in Alizar was great and service was almost always outstanding. The day we were traversing the Panama canal we were upstairs by 5am. We had planned to be outside on deck 13 but by the time we made it upstairs there were already too many people so we settled on a 2nd row seat on the port side in Spinnaker instead. A fortuitous decision we were very glad we made when it started to rain. We had pretty awesome views of the locks including an LPG tanker coming the other way. Before we completed the crossing I went down to Deck 7 to get an up close view of the mules (towing trains) and the walls of the lock. We had two tender ports(Gatun Lake, Panama & Puerto Limon) but only one where we had to line up for tender tickets. I was in line for tickets by 8.10(for an 8.30 pickup) and I was about 50th in line. We just missed out on tickets for the first tender but were two of six who managed to get on the first tender at the gate. We booked two tours through NCL (Gatun Lake and Harvest Caye) the remainder we booked independently. My original tour of the Mayan ruins of Nim Li Punnit (8.30) was cancelled and I was moved to a later tour which meant I wasn't able to spend anytime checking out Harvest Caye. I utilised the gym most days. A couple of times I used the pool and the spa. The temperature of the spa was perfect. I wasn't impressed by the DJ who played in Spinnaker. The dance floor would be full and he would stop playing the song half way through. On our second night I came across Dave McHugh a guitarist from Newfoundland who was amazing. The venues where he played were always packed and standing room only. We elected to be in one of the last groups to disembark, disembarkation was VERY slow.

Couples Cruise of Panama Canal

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by Gizmosmum

Gizmosmum’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Inside
Cabin IF 9505
Our cabin was the most forward port side interior cabin. The room was small and compact. There was a small shower leak in the bathroom. On three or four occasions we could hear music floating up from level 7.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Gatun Lake Tour
    A 10min tender was followed by a group of about 50 people being transferred by bus to view the Aqua Clara Loch, the newest of the lochs where there was an absolute crush of people. We had fantastic views of a tanker going through the loch. We missed seeing the video due to the number of people.
    The second part of the tour included a tour of Gatun Lake in a punt with a cover. We saw numerous animals -sloth, howler monkeys, caiman & fresh water crocodile.
    View All 32 Gatun Lake Tour Reviews
  • Harvest Caye
    The tour of Nim Li Punnit was booked through the cruise line. There was a 30min boat transfer to the mainland. Then we had a one hour bus ride to our first stop which was to eat a local lunch. We were then taken to the Mayan ruins site where a local guide explianed what we were seeing. We arrived back at Harvest Caye 45mins before the boat was due to leave.
    View All 1,103 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews