In the past we have sailed on P&O cruises through recommendation, Our first, on the Oriana was excellent, the next time, it was good, lots of cutbacks, ie. silver service in restaurant, food selection in buffet resturants, and dining rooms. This last P&O cruise on the Azura was a real disappointment, on the first night in the restaurant, the gentleman next to me asked the waiter for an extra scoop of ice cream and got a point blank NO!, then it turned into a bit of a row, as the customer insisted several times, that is what he wanted, and eventually got it. Several of the staff seemed sloppy throughout the trip. Next I went to the hair salon to get my hair done, that was a nightmare, after telling the lady exactly what I did not want, she proceeded. 2 and a half hours later, hair washed, blow dried straight, cut ( or should I say savaged ) half curled, to witch the lady asked delightedly, " Do you like ?" to which I said "NO", it was what I had asked her "NOT" to do, so she started off again, to then turn my hair into "Ringlets", I am 71 and looked like " Shirley Temple", I got up off the chair and walked out and went to lunch with my husband, and as we had lunch, my husband " Your hair is going straight as we speak!". I then asked reception if they could do this, and said I had to go back to the salon, this I did and was asked if I would the same lady to fix it " NO ", I did get my money reimbursed, but had to go around looking like " a street beggar" The shore trips were same old, same old, and ridiculas prices for what was on offer, very dissapointed indeed. Then the dreaded "Noro Virus" hit the ship. On the last night I got it, and we had to be out of our cabins by 8.00am, I was feeling really rough, and still recovering from a fall on the elevator as we were boardind, and I asked an officer who cane into the buffet resturant if there was a chance of getting a wheelchair, as I did'nt fell i could walk very far, "have you ordered one?", "No" i replied, then I could not have one and off he went. Thank goodness the trip was over, not quite, when we came to the disembaking ramp, I asked if there was a lift, and again was given a "NO, you can walk down the ramp!"

The beginning the middle and the end

Azura Cruise Review by Beryl Biddiscombe

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Europe

Several of the staff seemed sloppy throughout the trip.

Then the dreaded "Noro Virus" hit the ship.

Beryl Biddiscombe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azura price drops

Cabin A730
Cabin was adequate, the balcony was a boon, and our cabin steward was really good and polite.
  Azura Deck Plans