3. Celebrity Eclipse
We had a great experience on Infinity last Halloween, and were incredibly surprised at the drop in quality, exterior maintenance, and staffing shortages. I would give this review a 3/5, if not for the indifference and shortness at guest services, to a problem that may have been partially their fault. Excessive rust on the lower hull, and tender steps that I feel should be kept dry, freshly painted, with weather strips. The beds are not bad, but have seen better days. Some meals in Blu were delicious, some were a blatant drop in quality. The bread became stale halfway though, and may have been baking every other day. Hummus and Cheese spreads got replaced by pureed corn, beets, peas, and carrots. Nearly no vegetables, a garnish of broccoli or asparagus was a rare find. While the dining staff were very professional and worked their all, it was obvious that they were understaffed and rushed. Oceanview Cafe was an even bigger letdown. Too much was lukewarm or tasted off, cuts to ingredients. Gone is the wok, and the sauces for the fresh pasta station are not nearly as good. The last night of our cruise, they introduced mixed frozen vegetables. The interior of the ship was nice, our first time on Solstice Class. I liked the cruise director, Cafe Al Bacio, guest performances from Hawaii, and our lunch in Murano (though our neighbors got under-cooked lobster). I liked the Spa and Persian Garden, though the receptionist was playing head games with passengers over their names.

Incredible Drop in Food Quality in just 6 Months

Stateroom_Sailor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A1 1554
Overall decent condition. The mattresses are not as comfortable as they once were, but still so-so. With drydock coming in 18 months, they'll probably make the change then. Some kind of ash kept appearing in our toilet the first half the cruise, not sure how. Prefer storage on classic M-Class, but was still adequate.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins