CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

This was my first time cruising with Norwegian. The food was tasty most of the time, though the service was a bit slow, especially in the 24-hour pub-style dining facility. I enjoyed the number of amenities and entertainment options. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly the housekeepers and servers in the restaurants.

I was caught off guard that most of the "seminars" turned out to be sales pitches. I attended a seminar on improving your posture, but it just turned out to be a sales tool to sell Good Feet inserts. I thought we would actually learn tips to enhance our posture, but just received a pushy sales lecture instead...

The gym was nice, though. Enough machines and free weights to get a decent workout. The number of hot tubs was great, too.

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

Cabin OB

The stateroom experience was absolutely horrendous. Every evening from 2-4 AM, I heard loud banging sounds (like pots and pans) above the oceanview stateroom I was staying in. I called guest services, and someone came by to see what was happening. The staff member said he would fix it and left. 10 minutes later, the noise stopped. I went to guest services the next morning as I never received a follow-up regarding the issue (turned out to be a water pump issue) and asked how they could make up for the negative experience and disruption of sleep. Viviano at guest services said he could only send strawberries to my room, which was a slap in the face. The noise continued throughout the rest of my four-night stay (which I captured on video), but Norwegian has yet to acknowledge the issue whatsoever. Given the fact that Norwegian has ignored me on social media and other channels, I can say I won't cruise with Norwegian again. I take cruises to relax and rest, and due to the noisy water pump, I was unable to get any quality sleep. Norwegian's inability to make it right is a testament to their lack of attention or care for their customers. As a Miamian, I take cruises often as the port is close by, and thankfully, there are several other cruise lines to choose from.

2 Helpful Votes