Carnival Freedom Cruise Review
1,329 Reviews

Was very uncomfortable as far as temperature wise

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by cmpolk71635

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

The cruise ship itself is not aesthetically pleasing, very dark decor...also not very organized as it took us days to figure out the floor plan

The temperature in our room was the main issue! After the second day, it started becoming warm in our room and we began reporting it. Staff came down, checked the temp which was about 74 and gave us some fans. On this seven day cruise, we complained and called at least 7-8 times. Staff would simply come in and check the temp which continued to hover around 74. At one time, the thermostat was changed out. On the 5th day, I got tired of sweating in my own room. I called Guest Services who stated someone would be down to the room shortly. After an hour, I marched down there not too happy. Luckily,management was there and took me seriously. By this time, I was livid. The temp in the room was 78.1. We were finally moved from the room and given a balcony room so I can at least say for 2 days, we were comfortable.

The food was primarily mediocre. I love a good breakfast buffet but it was basically the same everyday. Guy's Burgers I guess was my favorite along with Blue Iguana.

All in all, I will probably try to avoid this ship because of our uncomfortable experiences. Several more cabin members also discussed the temperature on the facebook page

We did experience the quickest check in ever!

cmpolk71635's Full Rating Summary