MSC Preziosa Cruise Review

MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by sarah230378

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

We cruised on this ship on March 5th to 20th this year we fly to Barbados and got straight onto the ship this part was brilliant such a easy and well organised procedure by MSC, the plane was all Cruise ship passengers and we gave in our cases at Gatwick airport check in and we did not see them again until they arrived in our cabin on the ship in Barbados (amazing) once we landed in Barbados we were taken straight from the run way onto a coach and taken straight to the port to embark the ship. My only criticism here was that me and my husband were separated on the plane although his seat was only in the row in front of me ( this was only a issue as I am not a very good flyer and was a little nervous about sitting on my own for 8 hours).

Once on the ship the décor and cleanliness seemed brilliant and was much the same as the Divina which we have sailed on before.

Our cabin which was a inside state room on deck 8 (8171) was a good size, clean and located just 2 doors from the lift which was good until you get a change over day and they start to load peoples case off the ship between the hours of 11 and 3 in the morning and all you can hear is the cases in cages been wheeled and smashed into each over whilst you are trying to sleep.

The buffet was generally good had quite a good selection of different foods (my only complaint is that the food was not partially hot everything was just warm) unless you timed it right and manged to get a slice of pizza as it had just come out of the pizza oven. even the tea/coffee water was mostly warm and not hot so your drink was only luke warm.

The main dining room the golden lobster was lovely and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The food was also pretty good but didn't really have that much of a choice, the only annoying part of this is the constant banging of wine bottles and singing when it was someones birthday/anniversary it is ok the first few times but when you are trying to eat and talk to people on your table it can become annoying when they do this 3-4 times (maybe there was just a unusual amount of special occasions over the 2 weeks we were on the ship)

the Il Cappuccino coffee bar is lovely and the staff here are also lovely

Phoenician Plaza (Ice Cream Bar) - really lovely the snack and ice cream here are amazing

Entertainment - this is where it all fell apart,

The Theatre performances - the first one we saw we thought was quite good the acrobatics team are all very good it was just the singers which were only ok as they could not really sing with English dictation most of the song you could not understand the words unless you knew what song they were singing. It seem that all the performances where much the same every night just with a different theme and the story lines didn't really make much sense.

Singers in the bars/lounges where again ok singers but just hard to understand.

All the ports we visited all were lovely, we did one excursion organised through MSC which was the in Dominica and we got on a trolley train which took us around the Island we visiting a old church and we went to a lovely botanical garden. The tour guide was lovely and very informative. We also visiting the Emerald pool waterfall here and this is also worth a visit.

My last thing is that I feel they needed enforce the using of the hand sanitisers to people getting on and off the ship and also when entering dining rooms ect. Most people did not use these and this is what I believe caused a lot of passengers to be poorly. The need to look at the sanitisers to also make sure that they are all working correctly as on a few occasions when getting back on the boat we believe they may of run out as they would not dispense any sanitiser.

sarah230378's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin I1 8171

Train

Lovely trip to the botanical gardens and surrounding area

St. Lucia

got a shared taxi to the beach from outside the port and the beach is stunning

sarah230378