3. Allure of the Seas
This was our 3rd time on the Allure and 12 time on Royal, one of our favorite ships. EMBARKATION AND DEBARKATION - fastest I have ever had! Both took less than 10 minutes. Face recognition makes going thru customs a breeze, didn’t even have to show our passports or fill any paperwork out, make sure you put your pictures in the online check in prior to cruise! GENERAL INFO - We absolutely love Central Park, it is so peaceful in the morning and pretty at night. I love to grab a quick breakfast or lunch and typically love the roast beef sandwiches at Park Cafe but they were consistently fatty and grizzly this time. They have great made to order fresh salads, make sure you don’t get in the salad line if you aren’t getting a salad, jump over to the sandwich line at lunch. If buffet is crowded at breakfast, you can go to Wipeout Cafe, Park Cafe, Solarium buffet, and Johnny Rockets is no fee for breakfast. If you have the deluxe drink package, specialty coffees and milkshakes at Johnny Rockets are included. The ship is kept very clean, except for the bathroom on the fourth floor by the Grand Main dining and Casino, floor was always dirty and sticky. The ship will soon go in for refurbishment I believe which is needed. The food is good but they need to change up a tired menu. They did change the apple pie and it is MUCH better than the cold piece of pie that I can get at any grocery store they used to serve, now they are hot individual apple turnovers that were delicious. My recommendations would be: - offer two soups every night, one being a cream of any vegetable other than mushroom as -the menu is too heavy on mushrooms. - Offer two different salads each night - Get rid of the tired turkey dinner -strip steak need to be better quality -Caesar Salads offered nightly are less fresh than they used to be, no reason to be much different than one at Chops-Bring back bread sticks and serve the rolls warm, if possible. Pools- are great, never had too much trouble getting chairs unless we did not get out there until after 10:30, but could find one in the later afternoon. CASINOS- I get that it is a business and need to take advantage of fact that we are captive audiences but the payouts on video poker are lowest I have ever seen and machines are too tight to have fun. I don’t mind losing, but give us some playing time. And to only have 3 video poker machines in non smoking area is silly. I personally miss the old 5Xs machine. Also no one came to get drink orders for a half hr. The DELUXE DRINK PACKAGE- usually goes on sale a month or so before your cruise, worth it if you drink bottled water, fresh squeezed juice, specialty coffee and have more 3 or more drinks per day. This was first time we were DIAMOND Members but still got drink pkg because we didn’t want to feel like we had to get drinks at certain times between 5 and 8. We didn’t even go to Diamond Lounge until last night but we’re sorry we didn’t. It was so nice and the view of Boardwalk and back of ship was exquisite! Other than than that and the one free 8x 10 picture, we didn’t see much value in the much anticipated DIAMOND LEVEL. Couldn’t use the discount on any of my purchases and none of the drink discounts were needed due to having drink package. A bag of laundry, which is free on Celebrity on commensurate level, is only discounted on Royal. ENTERTAINMENT- the best at sea hands down! DON’t MISS THE DIVING SHOW OCEANARIA AT THE AQUA THEATRE, it is the best!!! THE SPA- they have wonderful services and I thoroughly enjoyed both massages, one of which was combined with a mini-facial. I was not happy with the “free ladies pamper party” which stated that “all who attended royal enjoy a free collagen face, eye and neck treatment and a complementary sun glow makeover. We applied our own face eye and neck cream and only 2 were chosen to get a sun bow “makeover which took about 30 seconds. Talk about false advertising! They did offer us a discount on a massage pkg which was nice but really left me with bad taste in my mouth! THE STAFF- Hard working and friendly! They work so hard and Royal needs to have more bartenders working the bars. The waiters in main dining room are great, especially Anak! Our room steward Carl was kind and efficient! BIGGEST PET PEVE- if I am paying for a balcony room and am a diamond level member, would it be possible to have toilet paper that is not equivalent to thin sandpaper? C’mon Royal, you are making TONS of $, this is how you treat the people who make that possible? I understand it has to be thin to accommodate plumbing on a ship but it can be better quality than that! Shameless! It won’t stop me from sailing but I should not have to bring my own TP. #Don’tBeSoCheapRoyal!

Love Central Park!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Grambler

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

- Offer two different salads each night

- Get rid of the tired turkey dinner

-strip steak need to be better quality

Grambler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4D 7286
Nice room, plenty of space for things. Nice location!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins