3. Celebrity Edge
We traveled with a group from RFamily vacations. We chose this trip because of our great experience on Celebrity Solstice to Alaska, and wanted to see the newest design in ships. We really enjoyed the ship. The veranda idea worked great for us. We enjoy A/C, so I think we opened the window 3 times the whole week. WIthout the shear and blackout curtains, it felt open, airy and big. The pleated shade was perfect for privacy and blocking light, and the power controls on the thermostat and balcony were convenient. Yes, the martini bar isn't what it is on the Solstice class, but we found Eden a great replacement. We give Celebrity credit for doing something new with the ship instead of just serving up the same. We ate at all the specialty restaurants and enjoyed them all, even the Rooftop Grill. Yes, it's a bit expensive, but we had a great meal and the outdoor dining room worked well for us (weather was great and wind speed under sail wasn't bad at all). Two things I'd express to Celebrity: I would make the Martini bar more oval in shape to serve more people surrounding it....and make the seating all one height, instead of the multilevel that's on the Edge. Second: The Cabana's.....we had a half cabana on a sea day. I tried, but the whole cabana's were all booked before the ship sailed. WARNING: the half cabana isn't worth it. We were a party of TWO and felt very confined....there isn't enough room for two adults to lounge. Then, the party on the other half of the cabana arrived....oh, boy. What I wouldn't have paid to get the whole cabana. Our neighbors were a mom and dad, young daughter and an INFANT in a stroller....ugh. Nothing like listening to parents and TWO sets of grandparents crammed into a small space, correcting and comforting children. Hey, I get it, people have children, and yes, it was Easter week, but If I was Celebrity, I'd put an age and party size limit on the half cabana's. We did have a great view of the young daughter practicing here dance class stretches on the ships wood balcony railing......and we did get a front row seat for the grandparents performance.....ugh.

Wonderful ship and crew

Lighc003’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
Cabin E1 8163
We really enjoyed the infinite verandah. Yes, it's different from the traditional balcony. We enjoyed the extra space for breakfast without having to move and adjust everything to get out there. The pleated shade worked perfect for us, and we never missed the traditional shears and curtains.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins