3. Carnival Elation
We specifically wanted to do a Bahamas cruise for our Wedding Anniversary, we chose the Elation because Jacksonville was a reasonable drive from home for us. Overall, our experience on the cruise was magnificent! We booke Faster to the Fun so boarding was quick and easy and we went straight to our room and dropped our carry ons. Our cabin was larger than I expected and for a family of three was more than adequate, in fact it was perfectly comfortable. Next we ventured up to Lido for lunch. My wife and son opted for Guy's Burgers while I opted for Blue Iguana; in both cases the food was greatly enjoyed. Next we registered my son (8 years old) for Camp Ocean; from that point it was hard to keep him away from Camp Ocean, he loved it. The rest of the first day we enjoyed the journey out to sea and generally relaxed.until it was time for dinner. The first night (and every night) we dined in the Main Dining Room, and each of those nights I found the food to be absolutely amazing and the service to be second to none. I heard no complaints from my wife and son either. Day two was a relaxing day at sea, and there were no complaints about anything; the food was great, the drinks were cold and smooth, and it was just fun! The next day we spent at Half Moon Cay....Honestly, I could get lost here and just hang out forever, this was my type of place and I LOVED it! I do not recall a time in recent memory where I felt more relaxed, it was great! Day four was Nassau Bahamas. I had spent quite a bit of time in Nassau back in my Coast Guard Days many years ago, so I was somewhat familiar, but a lot has changed. Nassau has a reputation the precedes it, but don't let that scare you off. While there are alot of panhandler types and hutlers in the area of the port and straw market; once you get out of those areas you will encounter people as warm and friendly as anywhere in the world. We opted to do our own thing in Nassau which included Queens Staircase, The Government House (where we witnessd a dress rehearsal for Changing of the Guard), and Graycliff. I would recommend Graycliff to anyone; between the chocolate factory, cigar factory, and winery it was a great experience. We rounded our day in Nassau out with a visit to the Pirate Museum, another worthwhile attraction, and lunch. Finally, we returned to the ship and enjoyed some time on board while many people were out in town. Day five was a sea day and much like the first sea day, so it was thoroughly enjoyed. Alas, day six we returned to Jacksonville all too soon. Debarkation was fairly quick and painless although I hated to leave. All in all it was a great first cruise. In addition to all of the things above I have to mention the entertainment. The shows were very entertaining and timed right so you could enjoy other activities on board. The casino, while small, was enjoyable and treated us fairly well. The onboard activities were numerous and it seemed there was always something to do. Finally, I have to mention the crew. Everyone we encountered went above and beyond with their friendliness and customer service. I constantly marveled how in such a short time how everyone I encountered was able to call me and my family by name to the point they felt like family by the time we left. Carnival definitely made a lasting first impression for my fist cruise and I hope that continues for future cruises. I look forward to it.

First of hopefully many....

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by mydadlife

Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C M135
Cabin was clean and comfortable. It was larger than I expected and we were fine with a family of three.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins