3. Rotterdam
Because the oasis got canceled. I still wanted a transatlantic cruse and this was still available last minute. It is a small ship with little to do. Entertainment is the worst at sea. The ship is clean, safe and comfortable. Average age is 70 plus. Embarkation was horrible as we were kept waiting at the airport so no porters at the port and were told to take all our luggage on board ourselves. Ship had an air maintenance issue that took several hours to resolve. Disembarkation was easy. Due to rough seas we had 3 days in the Azores. But we missed the two ports in France and then Belgium. Compensation was below other cruise lines. I know as I just got the RCCL credits. My room stewards were excellent. The food was repetitive and the fruit rotten more often then not. Most don’t go to the dining room so service is fast at dinner. Overall a boring cruise as I read 10 books. Dining overall was average, cabin old with a bathtub and kept clean by great room stewards. No library, no production shows, Astro physics ,history and port talks were repeatedly full as nothing else to do. The movie theatre small so you needed to get there twenty minutes early. If you want to sleep go on the Rotterdam. Given I now have a future cruise credit, I will go on holland America again just not this ship. Not much to say as there is not much to review on this ship

Missed ports, boring for 11 days at sea

Rotterdam Cruise Review by cancruise2

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Disembarkation was easy.

If you want to sleep go on the Rotterdam.

Not much to say as there is not much to review on this ship
cancruise2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Rotterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin H 1839
Clean but first day issues with the air and it took work to get them to fix it. Reston and Chandra were great
Lower Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins