• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Azura Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

No longer a loyal fan of P&O

Review for Azura to Europe
YourBurthday
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

I have cruised with several different lines but P&O has always been my favourite. This time I was travelling with someone who had never been on a cruise before and so went with P&O and a cruise I had already done a few years ago to be sure he would have a good experience,

My partner did enjoy the cruise as did I, however, I was very aware of the difference (not in a good way) between this cruise and every other P&O cruise I have taken. I will not be going with P&O again.

It was apparent from the outset that staff were 'going through the motions' Everyone seemed disinterested and as though everything was too much effort. Service and food in the main dining room was so poor that we choose to use the select dining options on most evenings. Mainly these were good experiences, in particular the Indian. My issue is that the experience should have been as good in those areas that are included as in those that you have to pay for. Usually this is the case, but sadly not this time. For example, meals arrived with bits missing, (sauce, dressings and veg on one occasion!) with no apologies and a take it or leave it attitude. We asked for an extra bread roll one evening, and after chasing it, it finally turned up after both starter and main course were finished. Made to feel a nuisance because we don't eat meat. Every single day they brought me the veggie menu once I had reminded them and we had to request a second one for my partner every time. All sounding like tiny points, and in the overall scale of things they are. This isn't my previous experience and so my expectations were not met. Long delays between courses and food clearly been sat under hot lamps for some time as congealed. Only thing that was consistently prompt was the drink bill for signature.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin JG

Cabin was lovely and spacious as usual. Bed comfortable and our cabin steward maintained it well. No problem.

3 Helpful Votes