Azura Cruise Review

No longer a loyal fan of P&O

Azura Cruise Review by YourBurthday

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

I have cruised with several different lines but P&O has always been my favourite. This time I was travelling with someone who had never been on a cruise before and so went with P&O and a cruise I had already done a few years ago to be sure he would have a good experience,

My partner did enjoy the cruise as did I, however, I was very aware of the difference (not in a good way) between this cruise and every other P&O cruise I have taken. I will not be going with P&O again.

It was apparent from the outset that staff were 'going through the motions' Everyone seemed disinterested and as though everything was too much effort. Service and food in the main dining room was so poor that we choose to use the select dining options on most evenings. Mainly these were good experiences, in particular the Indian. My issue is that the experience should have been as good in those areas that are included as in those that you have to pay for. Usually this is the case, but sadly not this time. For example, meals arrived with bits missing, (sauce, dressings and veg on one occasion!) with no apologies and a take it or leave it attitude. We asked for an extra bread roll one evening, and after chasing it, it finally turned up after both starter and main course were finished. Made to feel a nuisance because we don't eat meat. Every single day they brought me the veggie menu once I had reminded them and we had to request a second one for my partner every time. All sounding like tiny points, and in the overall scale of things they are. This isn't my previous experience and so my expectations were not met. Long delays between courses and food clearly been sat under hot lamps for some time as congealed. Only thing that was consistently prompt was the drink bill for signature.

Also, the little things generally missing, no robes in cabins any more. Shower cap not replaced even though clearly broken after second use. Room service breakfast failed to show up on two occasions! When it arrived on third try, toast was inedible, which actually was the case throughout. In buffet big delay if wanting veggie sausage as they are cooked to order, take ages and always loads of people waiting for them. Why not cook some in advance, like regular sausage.

We did one trip, which was effectively a 15 min bus transfer from the port to the glacier and back. £120 for us both!!!! I could go on......

YourBurthday's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin JG A342

Cabin was lovely and spacious as usual. Bed comfortable and our cabin steward maintained it well. No problem.

YourBurthday