3. MSC Musica
We were gifted our cruise from our family in celebration of our 40th Anniversary in May '19. We arrived at Durban harbour around 11:30 and embarkation was surprisingly smooth! Only after we were on board, did we realise it was probably because we were some of the last to board ship. :) We had an internal cabin and I was a little worried about my hubby's reaction to constant airconditioning, but it did not affect him at all and was very comfortable. My back did not like the bed though.... it felt nice and firm, but I ended up with backache very soon after lying down... Otherwise, the cabin was super! Our cruise cards showed the wrong sitting for the dining room, which caused a long wait the first night - but was sorted. Dining and service was great. The casual 'cafe' dining for breakfasts and lunches offered more than anyone could ask. I only missed 'sweet stuff' (cakes/pastries) which were not often available.(I have a very sweet tooth!) The entertainment on board was top notch! The shows were excellent. The entertainment crew were fantastic and really knew how to get the crowd going. Loved the fact that one could amble round in the evenings and enjoy the genre of music that suited us.. As we live at the coast, going ashore to 'sun worship' was not our thing - so we didn't go to the island. Instead we thoroughly enjoyed relaxing on board. We did however go onto Pumene - but unless you have plenty dollars to spend, I would rather stay on board... was hoping to see the town of Pumene, but on enquiry with one of the locals, we were told it was about 2 hours away? Disembarking was a pleasure and we found our baggage relatively easily. I was nearly wiped out in the hall though, when a badly placed suitcase tumbled off the top of one of the very heavily loaded trolleys and barely missed my foot! Can't wait to go again! Would love to do this with the whole family too... on our wish list now!

An experience to remember!

MSC Musica Cruise Review by Us2Keys

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Africa

Us2Keys’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Musica price drops

Comfortable and well appointed. Hubby slept very well, but I had backache on the bed every night, although it felt quite firm.... and we could not access our account on the TV despite following instructions... just remained blank...
Brilliant sound proofing on board - could only hear anything if loud voices in the passage.
Air conditioning was great.
  MSC Musica Deck Plans