3. Viking Sea
This cruise company reminded me of driving a car but only getting to third gear. It could have been fantastic but there were some terrible instances of service and food. For instance, I sat next to pool on Sea day for five hours and there were no offers of water or drinks. But, several staff members were cleaning over and over again. We also sat in the explorer lounge for two hours and again, there were no drinks. I had to go and get our own. The walking excursions mixed everybody up so you ended up with a person using a walking cane in the same group as marathon runners. This was even though there might be six groups departing on the same excursion at the same time. It gave a poor experience to both the person with the walking disability (excursion was too fast) and most other people (excursion was too slow). The food was below what I expected (it was worst than a cheaper cruise of another cruise line we went on); - there were the same 5 choices of Bread in all restaurants all 14 days (except Manuel's). - the Steam vegetables were identical in 3 restaurants and did not change the entire trip. - the Hot breakfast choices was identical for entire cruise in the buffet. When I commented about this I was told that there was a different special of cooked eggs, - Deserts in buffet restaurant is ice cream (8 flavors) and slices, and no gateaux or hot desert, - Either white or red wine at dinner. No further choice. - Very few staff seem to know how to make a very good coffee. - the "fresh Juice" at breakfast were sometimes cordial, Overall the Standard of food in the restaurant is well below other cruise-lines but the majority of staff in the Buffet are nice to deal with (Very willing). We arrived 10 minutes early at the bus stop in Copenhagen to see our bus departing. Buses were running late (that day due to the rain and the resulting traffic problems) but we weren't allowed on the other Viking bus which was going to the ship next to our ship. We walked the 25 minutes in pouring rain back to our ship. There were seats left on the other Viking ship's bus. There are some things really good; - Bus shuttle to town is a good service (usually), - the Explorer lounge is nice, - the ship has nice areas with live music, - 4pm afternoon teas were amazing, - There were some good excursions and some were terrible. One that we paid for was pathetic but no excursion staff would discuss with us when we went to complain. - The Wifi ok, - There was a wonderful greeting when we got back from Berlin. We are very unlikely to do another Viking cruise (this was our 4th Cruise).

Not really a luxury cruise, food & service were average

Viking Sea Cruise Review by guynz8

- Either white or red wine at dinner. No further choice.

- Very few staff seem to know how to make a very good coffee.

- the "fresh Juice" at breakfast were sometimes cordial,

There are some things really good;

- Bus shuttle to town is a good service (usually),

- the Explorer lounge is nice,

- the ship has nice areas with live music,

- 4pm afternoon teas were amazing,

- The Wifi ok,

- There was a wonderful greeting when we got back from Berlin.

We are very unlikely to do another Viking cruise (this was our 4th Cruise).
guynz8’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sea price drops

- there was a Coffee machine in our cabin,
- the bathrooms are lovely with a heated floor,
- Good movie on demand,