3. Symphony of the Seas
If you've ever gone on an OASIS class ship, you know what I mean. It's not the average cruise. The neighborhood setup, which I wasnt sure about at first, was fabulous. From the Boardwalk to the Promenade to the Central Park, it was awesome. Disclaimer- comparisons will be to the Carnival Vista, an outstanding ship we did last year. Pool deck- Three pools, all near each other rather than one aft, plus an adult one in the Solarium (loved it there). All good sized, 4.5 ft deep and have areas that submerge the deck for sitting in without getting in. Plenty of deck chairs, but yes they are hogged frequently. Just look at one for awhile and then move the junk to the ground and take it. We did. No one came back. Loved the golf course. Played many a family tourney including a few par 9's (go from hole 1 to hole 6 cross country around rocks, poles, people, you name it..a hoot!). Ice cream on both sides. BB court very nice. Two flowriders at back. Kicked my very athletic son's rear. Abyss slide fun and goes off back. Also some good spots to eat and kick back at the very aft overlooking the spray. Plenty of bars but I found better mixed drinks inside or at the Solarium. Boardwalk- RCL, take two spies to any CCL ship and find the secret to Guy's burgers. Johnny Rockets was just a hunk of ground beef. Not bad of course but 0 competition to old Guy. And the fries too. Did eat breakfast one day there and it was quick and nice. Hot Dog stand doesn't know how to make a simple dog. Give me a plain dog, brat and polish sausage. No bizarre ones. They didn't smell good so I passed. Playmakers had good wings and a fabulous $3 pork bbq slider. Aqua Theater cool. Hard to hear movies at night with the sound system reverberating. Promenade- LOVED the PIZZA! Carnival, swap spies with RCL and find out how to make decent pizza. We ate there noon and night. Enjoyed watching singers and people. SOS needs a general store though for snacks, sundries, etc. Vista did a good job of having a large hunk of their shirt shop dedicated to candy and snacks. Had fun at the On Air club with music trivia. Floor 4- Casino wasn't very smoky. Vista was a fog. Never visited. Won $30 bucks, cashed in and called it a day. Enjoyed the free lessons. Never knew how to play craps. Interesting. Studio B was neat and we ate at MDR 4 for anytime dining. Saw both comedians and they were far better than the 2 duds on Vista. Adult comedian on Vista had a whole show on the F word. Walked out after 10min. These two were far better. Central Park- Before I went I thought what a waste of space. Got there and loved the serenity, especially at night. Park Cafe good for quick breakfast. Spa- One spot where Vista has them hands down. While the gym was top notch, the spa and thermal areas were small, cramped and you pay for a 15 min timeslot. No thanks. There was a good track around deck 5. Great hidden spot are the chairs at the open bend aft to sit and sunbathe. Entertainment- Hairspray was Broadway quality. Great sets, effects and talent. Loved. Flight was interesting but in comparison just ok. 1977, which I thought would be my least favorite was simply outstanding. World class skaters and entertainers. Would loved to have seen twice. Got a standing ovation. Fantastic. Food- I thought the pizza rocked. Loved it. The MDR was slightly better than the Vista, but not by much. Had an Indian waiter who's recommendations were ALWAYS off. We made sure never to order his picks after night 1. Went early, got great table and were always in and out in an hour and 15 min max. Windjammer is a buffet. If you like buffets, fine. I normally do. But they have to prepare SO MUCH food it's normally room temp once you get it. The pizza was cold, the burgers dry. Hot dogs were actually better than the Hot Dog stand. But we ate one lunch and one breakfast there and called it quits from there out. Did like their cookies for dessert after eating elsewhere. El Loco Fresh next to Basketball was actually good. Really nice fajitas and tacos made as you like them. Loved the pork carnitas and the cheese and chili dip. Great new addition. Chops Grille was good but was not a fan of Izumi. Overpriced vs what I can get back home and it didn't taste as good. Park Cafe was good for a quick breakfast. Son loved the smoothies from Spa. On board venues- Enjoyed the comedians and the On Air club for trivia and kareoke. Rising Tide bar was unique. On and off- Fast, painless and easy. Really incredible. Left ship and was on LYFT within 10 min of walking off. Bravo RCL. Loved the new terminal. Shore exursions- Used my travel agent vs overpriced RCL. Was very pleased with Costa Maya and Native Choice. In Nassau we walked to free beach and had a blast. Cruise director- Unfair to compare anyone to Matt Mitcham. He's the best anywhere. This guy was fine but Matt is the GOAT. Overall it was an incredible experience. It will be hard to compare other ships to this one. Never had an issue with crowds, lines, elevators, bills, internet, anything. Smooth as could be. We're cruising on the NCL Encore next year but we will definitely be back on an OASIS ship in the future. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

An experience more than a cruise

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review by KevinOMReb

Floor 4-

Central Park-

Spa-

Entertainment-

Hairspray was Broadway quality. Great sets, effects and talent. Loved.

Flight was interesting but in comparison just ok.

Food-

KevinOMReb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas price drops

Boardwalk View Balcony
Cabin 2I 11329
Only issue with this wonderful room, well, two, is that it's at the dead end of the hall and wouldn't be good for less mobile passengers and that 3 nights a week the HIRO show goes on until 1130. But we had a white noise app on my IPad and with the AC on we slept fine. As for the cabin, 11329 rocked. Last room overlooking Aqua Theater. Watched HIRO and movies easily plus had fabulous views of the ocean aft. Plus a bit of sun depending on the time of day. Room was very nice. Couch comfortable vs the slab the Vista had last year. Tons of storage. Didn't use it all. TV has many channels including ESPN and SEC plus Fox News. As for the bed, yes it's hard. Get your steward (ours was the fabulous Adriana) to put an extra comforter under the fitted sheet (they have no true mattress toppers) and it did help. Still firm but much better. Bath was fine as was water pressure.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins