3. Norwegian Getaway
I travel often and have cruised numerous times! This past week we cruised NCL Getaway! and I counted the hours until we returned. The ship and staff are completely unorganized!! You do not get the sense that anybody has a true understanding of what is going on. - The buffet breakfast HORRIBLE like a mob of people eating for the first time! Yes they offer sit down breakfast but they end by 9:00am. Lunch was the same! - The pool! I assure you someone could drown and nobody would know. Thousands of people for a pool that probably holds safely less then a hundred! It was a mob scene!! Deck chairs, if your not up and out by 6:30 am - 7:00 am your not getting a chair!! - Dinner reservation, yes I tried to book ahead of time and was only able to get late times! Once on the ship (we were on the ship within the first 100) we waited over an hour for reservations to be made. Everybody fighting with staff! - Florida, we got in late I needed to get off the ship to seek medication for my son ASAP. I was informed I needed to wait in the line that would take 1.5hrs to 2 hrs. When I flipped out and they got me an officer who understood the magnitude of my issue I was off in 10 minutes. - Great Stirrup Key disembarking was INSANE!! took until 2:30 to get everyone off the ship. We had a 10:15 tender time and were not off until after 11. We waited over an hour in a crowded theater! Not to mention other guests informed us we needed to book a tender. - No accommodations made for handicap. You'd be trampled in the mob scene it is. - Guest Services USELESS!!! 1 or 2 people working for thousands of guests. ** Watch your bill they add charges. - WiFi they charge and it doesn't work! No matter where you go its crowed with little to no organization. Always a line!! - Their was a burning smell in my moms cabin the first night. We called numerous times to have this checked out! Finally my husband ran to guest services when they came they blamed her! Meanwhile it was 11 pm she wasn't using anything it was their blow dryer shorting out !!! Completely unprofessional and unavailable when calling. The one thing I took away from this trip is the un-safety of it all. If they are not organized on the day to day operations how can they be organized if an emergency was to occur. Bottom line crowding people on a ship without adequate staff and room is an accident waiting to happen. When you can't manage the day to day operations in a controlled safe way how can you possibly handle an emergency! Thank God our trip is over!! Pay extra book a smaller more personalized vacation!

Horrible

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by cmqrn

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

- WiFi they charge and it doesn't work!

Pay extra book a smaller more personalized vacation!
cmqrn’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 11854
Cabin was ok. But nothing extra was done dirty dishes left for days until my husband left them in front of the door! No towel animals No personal touch.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins