Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review
1,842 Reviews

Such a great trip - but did our own excursions

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Beelu

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I really didn't know what to expect on this cruise, as the reviews are all over the place, but we had an amazing time.

1. I know it's an older, smaller ship. However, since this was my kids' first cruise, they had nothing to compare it to. The kids in our party (3 families, kids ages, 3, 7, 9 and 9) had a blast between the pools and the kids' club. We were all happy to hear the kids beg to go back to "Adventure Ocean" (the kids club). I didn't really have any moments where I looked around the ship and had it feel shabby.

2. The cabin was small. It's a cruise. We never planned on spending a ton of time in the cabin, so we didn't really get upset by that. I recommend poo-pourri if you're sharing a room with 3 other people. Sometimes trying to navigate all 4 people getting ready was rough, but it generally was fine.

3. Our waitstaff in the dining area was super fantastic and accommodating. On the final night when they offered lobster tail, they made it clear that the lobster was small and *wink wink, nudge nudge* you can order 2 meals.

4. Lastly, I feel like this is the most important advice I have - we did NOT use the cruise line for our excursions. And the options we chose were WAY better than anything offered.

- In Key West, we did used Fury Cat (https://www.furycat.com), and chose their Ultimate Adventure. The family with the 3 year old didn't do that with us, but for the older kids it was PERFECT. Super fun, completely fit within the time we had on shore, and the experiences and staff were awesome.

- In Havana, we used Havana Journeys (https://havanajourneys.com), and they were so above and beyond amazing. They were so communicative while we were setting up the tour from home and gave us everything we needed, including pictures of our guide and driver so we knew who to look for. They are OFAC compliant, which was important for out travel, and Eileen, our guide was so so great-- really knowledgable, smart, timed everything perfectly - if we ever get to go back to Cuba, we will absolutely call them again.

We planned this cruise for the sole purpose of going to Cuba, and it was 100% worth it. Even with our large group, everyone had an amazing time. I've seen some bad reviews, but I think every trip is what you make it.

Beelu's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4V 6043

City Tour

We had THE BEST tour with Eileen from Havana Journeys. She was so smart and knowledgable, her English was fantastic, she was fun and had a great plan, engaged the kids and the adults and managed to make us feel like we saw all of the high points in a short time. Havana Journeys was super organized and kept us really well informed leading up to our trip, and did a great job of organizing one of the most amazing days. We had 9 people in our tour and each and every one of us raved about our experience.

View All 251 City Tour Reviews
Catamaran tour

We had an AMAZING time with Fury Cat. They did a great job with the Ultimate Adventure Tour, where we snorkeled at the Coral Reef, played on their inflatable playground, jet skied and parasailed. The staff was great and accommodating, and they were super safety-oriented. I would send anyone visiting Key West with kids straight there :)

View All 13 Catamaran tour Reviews