3. Rhapsody of the Seas
Chose this one because I had never sailed to Caribbean before and this seemed perfect. Plenty of shore excursions, food practically whenever you want it, crew that never stops trying to please you. My fave is the towel animals our stateroom attendant, Manuel, surprised us with every evening. If I could change one thing about the staterooms, it would be the showers. They are just so small, you can barely turn around. Water pressure was excellent though, and there is ample storage space in the cabin for all your stuff. The shore excursions I chose were Cucumber Beach in Belize, and Sol y Mar relaxing day in Honduras. There were plenty of options in choosing shore excursion, though. We docked in Costa Maya, and the pier walk is quite long. In Belize, we used tenders to get to port, as the reefs prevent ships from getting too close. It's a 5-mile ride and takes about 25 minutes. In Honduras and Cozumel, we docked, and again, the pier was really long in Cozumel. There are plenty of street vendors in each port. Please beware that prices are not as low as one might expect at most places, so buyer beware. It is best to review the daily Compass provided by RC to see which businesses are certified by the cruise line industry.

RC never stops trying to please their passengers

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by bkstover

bkstover’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 2N 4524
Cabin was decent size. Showers a bit small, but there is great water pressure. Furniture a bit worn, but still functioned well. My room was under a section of deck 5 where only crew were allowed, and by the sound of things, I believe large canisters may have been stored on 5 because there were 2 times we heard loud thuds from above, and usually 2 or 3 times daily, you could hear footsteps above. However, most of the time there was no noise from above, and most of the time is spent outside the cabin anyway.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Beach
    Cucumber Beach is man-made, but uniquely special. Free to use inner tubes, waterslide and rope swing. Very relaxing and the blast for kids. Lifeguard on duty while we were there. Restaurant on site is very popular, although I did not try it.
  • Costa Maya
    Walked around, enjoyed the tourist area very much. There is a beach area that you can enjoy for free if you just want to catch some rays. Market vendors are a bit pushy unless you keep walking and avoid eye contact.
    View All 2,478 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Cozumel
    Beautiful city. You want to avoid some of the street vendors because they tend to overcharge. If you cross the street to Hard Rock Cafe, or other places near it, make sure you have your seapass card to get back to the shopping area. You will be carded when trying to get back to the tourist area.
    View All 6,622 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Sol y Mar resort in Sandy Bay is a great place to sunbathe and relax. Scuba diving is great here as the water is clear enough to see the bottom. Restaurants and rentals on-site. Great option if you want to relax at the beach for a few hours.