3. Norwegian Getaway
This was not my first cruise, but it was my first cruise on NCL. It will also be my last. I will start with what was good about the cruise. The breakfast and dinner was very good. We did not eat in the buffet. We ate breakfast at Savor or Taste each morning and for dinner ate there as well or at the Tropicana. Lunch in the buffet was gross. Our room was also a good size. We were in a mid ship balcony. I can not speak for the other rooms. Now for what was disappointing, the organization, entertainment, and communication was atrocious. Organization: If you never traveled on NCL you wouldn’t know you had to make reservations for everything including dinner and entertainment. When we arrived we did not know that and when we found out everything was already booked. However, we would show up to shows and they would be empty. The whole reservation thing just makes first time travelers not think they can participate in shows. They would do nightly activity in the Atrium will no room for anyone to sit and watch. The time management on the ship was so off. Things that were scheduled on the daily sheet would just not happen. We went to a class at the gym and no instructor showed up to teach it. We would go to do trivia and it would have already started, even though we were on time. We ordered room service for the morning. On the sheet they give you times to have it delivered we put between 7:30 and 8:00 it showed up at 6:45 and woke us up. The last day we put it for 7:00-7:30 and it just never showed up, and no one answered when we called. The worst organization was at Great Stirrup Cay, we arrived and they never made an announcement for tenders to depart. We happened to walk downstairs and see the crew putting people in line based on the tender number. We were tender group 1. They out on line then brought us into the theater where we waited over an hour to leave. While we waited they told us we had to be back by 4:30 even though the schedule said 5:30 and when I asked why it changed they said they had to get everyone back on time. So in the end they were 2 hours late to get us to the island and then made it seem like we had to be back an hour early. The last tender back was 6:15. When we were on the island they ran out of food and closed the bars early. Communication: Just like the issues at Great Stirrup Cay when not one announcement was made they did not make an announcement for departing Nassau. Everything was figure it out for yourselves. This came to leaving the ship on the last morning. I walked downstairs when I saw we had been at port early. It was 7:15 when I asked the crew what time we would be able to leave and they told us no earlier than 8:00. I went back to my room and not five minutes later did I hear someone scream, “freedom” outside our balcony (someone screaming freedom when they leave vacation should say it all about NCL). I looked and saw people leaving the ship. Again no announcement was made. This was the theme of the week. We had no clue one night was a dress in white night and another being a formal night. Seemed like only people who had the app and paid for the Wifi were informed about this information. Entertainment: The entertainment on the ship was lacking for a better word. They did one activity by the pool a day. Otherwise it was a DJ playing very boring music.When they did the activities by the pool, people were so into. We never saw the “entertainment team” by the pool during the say. They were doing indoor activities. When it is 80 degrees and sunny, I do not want to be inside. The dueling piano bar was not dueling pianos but just two people taking turns playing songs that were requested. Not once did they duel. The nightly adult activity was right in the middle of dinner time and was done in a packed atrium. When someone asked why they didn’t do more they said they had too many people and didn’t have the room for activities. Also a theme of the cruise. They could not accommodate the amount of people on board. All in all it was just a poorly done cruise. The worker seemed overworked and understaffed. They told us multiple times this was the last trip for the destinations and you could tell they were over being on the ship. We were late to leave, late to get to Florida, and late to leave for Great Stirrup Cay. The sheets never fit on our bed and I would wake up sleeping on the mattress with no sheet. NCL should be ashamed of the cruise they put people on. They need to work on the communication and organization. All we heard well week was people complaining about the lack of chairs to sit at (if you didn’t up at 7:00 am you didn’t get a chair in the sun by the pool), the lack of reservations available, and just the overall quality of the trip. NCL is not worth the price of the cruise. I could go on, but this is already very long.

NCL needs a lot of work

jnh5034’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB 10754
Cabin was a great size, but the sheets did not fit the bed.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins