3. American Queen
We (my wife, myself, my daughter and her spouse) had always wanted to try a US Cruise Ship on the Mississippi River, We started at New Orleans and traveled to Menmphis, the hotel the ship chose was a part of the pre trip was excellent and we actually booked it via separate reservations a day early, The room on board was nice, however our steward was at best poor, in fact the ship changed him out after the 3rd night of almost no service. The staff, were all USA residents, and the lower staff, were often indifferent to most. They seemed to get better as the trip neared its end. Food, was at best, medium. On the first night I ordered a baked potato, it was cold and would not melt the butter. They brought me a second "15 minutes later", it was colder then the first, they then sent the assistant head waiter over, he went and found a 3rd baked potato, again this took "15 minutes", by then I had finished my meal. It never got better.... The value for $$$ was far below what I expected. The dining room chairs were broken and most had extremely stained seats. Not at all what I expected for a US cruise line.

A Cruise on a Five Star Ship that turned out to be a Cruise on a 3 Star Ship

American Queen Cruise Review by cesaltz

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: USA

The value for $$$ was far below what I expected.

The dining room chairs were broken and most had extremely stained seats.

Not at all what I expected for a US cruise line.
Guest Experience Manager, Guest Relations Manager has responded
Hi Cesaltz! Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It is very rare to receive feedback such as this. However, we do value our guest feedback and would like the opportunity to speak with you . If you would like to discuss your experience with our guest experience manager, please e-mail us at guestrelations@aqsc.com.
cesaltz’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Queen price drops

Nice cabin, but corners of room had not been cleaned recently. Cabin attendant for first 4 days was terrible...no ice, no newsletters....ship changed, then it was up to par.