• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Fast Jen
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

I traveled with my 84 year old mother, as a cruise has been on her bucket list for a very long time and having been ill with cancer for 3 years and a recent stroke we decide the cruise was now or never. Unfortunately we were not aware that it was a predominately Afrikaans cruise and that the entertainment would only be in Afrikaans! Very disappointing as she was looking forward to seeing a show whilst on board. But we decided to make the best of it and spent time in the casino and watched a number of singers in the various bars.

We completed the special needs form and requested priority boarding so that my mother would not have to stand for long periods of time (she relies on a four wheeled walker.) Our embarkation was handled very professionally, was quick and simple and the staff were very friendly.

If you are a big eater you can eat 24/7 in the various restaurants and cafeteria's . Food is produced for the masses, we are not big carb eaters so avoided the pizza, pasta, breads, chips, hamburgers and hotdogs and opted for salads and the limited veggies. The juice station was very welcome in the morning, however paying over $5 for a small freshly squeezed juice was over the top! Dinner at night was a set menu with a couple of choices, again very limited veggies but the kingklip was delicious.

Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin O1

Unfortunately when we booked, the best room we could secure was a partial sea view, we were placed on a wait-listed for a balcony or suite but unfortunately nothing was forthcoming. Very disappointing as the "partial view room" was obstructed by a life boat and unless (as I did) you climbed into the port hole window the sea could not be seen.

Cabin however was clean and the staff friendly. There was also a little table for me to place my laptop on and the wifi was acceptable.

1 Helpful Vote