3. Norwegian Epic
I picked this cruise to compare against other cruise lines. The 1/2 truths started before I even finished paying and didn't stop there. * Oh, we have this and that, but never stated that will cost THIS & THAT... extra. Agent bragged about Circ-Du-Soleil, but didn’t say a word that it costs extra. Then they say the shows are all booked when you are on-board, but you can get a seat on standby. Funny enough when 30 seats are waiting on standby, they fill them all (higher price), and still have many empty seats left. It was just a scam to sell the higher priced seats. I was told that if the price went down after booking, we would be given back the difference. When I called about the $300 price drop, 3 different people continued different lies, until they went and listened to the original recording. We still didn't get our $$$ back, but a different cabin. Cabins were the same, perhaps 2 feet longer... which means NOTHING. Sliced off the top of the knuckle on my big toe on a ladder going into the pool on day 2. Was so sharp, I didn't realize I had been bleeding until I got out of the pool. I reported it to customer service. Not once during the trip did anyone follow up on how I was doing. And no, not well. The infection took 8 days to clear and heal. Meanwhile the pool is filled with my red DNA. Hamburger on Private island was 100% RAW in the middle. At least that they appeared to care about when I reported it. Private island is a money grab with nothing to do and anything you want, they charge you for it, except for the raw food of course. Oh, and extra taxes for the drinks to add onto the pain of your extra charges. Final day disembarkation was a nightmare. ONE staff was seen in a lineup that went 3 lengths of the ship. It was mayhem. No one knew what was going on. 1 person missed their bus to the airport which meant they missed their flight. People were being served too much booze... i.e. 1 drunk tried to start a fight at howl at the moon. Staff didn't even care. Another fell and cracked open her head… blood everywhere. Final dinner meal at Fancy restaurant didn't even serve us what we ordered. I guess he felt one chicken item is the same as the next. Got charged for going to a show, I was not even at. Did get $ back, but should never have been charged in the 1st place. Got more emails about upgrading our room than anything else, prior to the trip. No briefing on night one (or any other night) where to find things/places, how to organize our trip, no help at all. I never did get into the Ice Bar, which was always closed. I tried 5 times over the trip and it was not open once. Box office is only for a little of the time, it should be at customer service if they are not open during all day. App sucks. Shows you a title of what's happening, but no details. I'm sorry but “Extravaganza” means NOTHING. We should be able to click on it, or on the TV in the cabin, for details or a mini advertising video. Called ZERO from the cabin and ½ of the time, the information given was wrong. ***************************** The guy looking after our room was the only staff member that appeared to care about us at all. He greeted everyone by name from the fist to the last nights... with a smile, despite being way-way over worked. ***************************** I passed a message to the Entertainment Director on night #1 and was told that she would contact me the next day. Two days after, I found her and not even an apology for never returning my message. Even that conversation, she came across as I as taking up her time and she had better things to do and eventually just walked away from me during mid-sentence. Cleanliness was missing 1 important thing: Paper towel leaving he public restrooms and a garbage to dispose of it after exiting so the handles to the restrooms are not passing on germs. I have many other examples but I think this gives you a good picture of our trip.

Sr. Staff do not care about you, just your money.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by cd3000

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Got more emails about upgrading our room than anything else, prior to the trip.

Called ZERO from the cabin and ½ of the time, the information given was wrong.

*****************************

*****************************

cd3000’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BC 9262
Clean.

Did not like sliding glass door for toilet room.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins