3. Grand Classica
We chose this cruise because we wanted to have the experience of extending the ship experience to a resort while having more time to enjoy the island. We have cruised with Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Norwegian. We were not expecting the same level of amenities, however some things should be standard. Like clean linen, ventilated rooms, accurate scheduling of activities and overall cheerful staff. 1. The bath towels were yellow with white bleach spots 2. I had to return face cloths twice because they had black marks on them 3. We requested blankets and were given two very worn/tattered/very linty blankets that were not fit for a homeless shelter. When I expressed the condition of the blankets was not acceptable, the nice room steward offered to cover them in a dingy duvet for us. This was the best that he could do. 4. The same ship comedian was back on board harassing the guest in every common area, pool deck, dining room, lounge, etc. to purchase tickets to his performance. 5. Lack of daily ship activity itineraries. Again, I had to retrieve one from the front desk and they only had a limited supply. Furthermore, the information listed on the itinerary was not accurate. For example, there was supposed to be a lounge singer in the Encore Lounge at 11 pm. The singer announced this time, and this is the time that was on the itinerary. Nonetheless, when we showed up, the performance was ending. Apparently they decided to move her time up and guest planning to attend were unaware of the change. 6. After disembarking the ship, I discovered while in the customs line that I had left my cell phone in the cabin room. The customs area informed me to stay in line yet the guest services staff told me that I had to personally get out of line and come and sign for my recovered cell phone. The customs area staff turned out to have the correct procedures. Even for the price point, the Grand Classica should be held to standards of providing clean linen, accurate information for guest, and a hassle-free environment. I feel this is a more than reasonable ask. Lucayan We were very disappointed that the resort, Lucayan was not as advertised. Although aesthetically pristine, the resort appeared deserted. We were told by staff that the island encountered Hurricane Matthew a few years back and the resort had not recovered. The damages sustained by the resort resulted in the Bahamian Government having to take on the resort allowing some of the citizens to remain employed. Three years later, this resort is still not fully operational and is currently remains under the Bahamian Governments receivership. 1. Much of the resort was not available to the guest. 2. We did not have access to more than half of the amenities that were advertised. 3. There was only one dinner venue available, there were not any shows/productions, there was limited bars, many of the facilities were abandoned and there were unauthorized areas. 4. Since there was nothing to do in the evenings, we sought out the marketplace. The marketplace was not adjacent and we had to walk across a large deserted parking lot which was not adequately lit. 5. A shuttle would have been a safer option. In conclusion, guest have a reasonable right to be informed of conditions that could impact their vacation experience. Since there were alternative resorts in partnership with Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines Cruise & Stay, we find it neglectful that another recommendation was not offered.

Great Concept...Poorly Executed

Grand Classica Cruise Review by fab5forty

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas

1. The bath towels were yellow with white bleach spots

2. I had to return face cloths twice because they had black marks on them

I feel this is a more than reasonable ask.

Lucayan

1. Much of the resort was not available to the guest.

5. A shuttle would have been a safer option.

BPSocialTeam, Social Media Team @Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line has responded
We would like to thank you for sharing your comments. We are sincerely sorry to read your comments on the service your received and commit to adjust any situation that leads us away from our goal being to make sure our guests feel welcome and attended to at all times. Thorough cleaning is an absolute must for BPCL and we follow very strict protocols to guarantee satisfying results regarding hygiene and Cleanliness on our ship. So we thank you for bringing inadequacies to the attention of our housekeeping staff for correction. Although the comments, as it relates to the hotel, are not the usual feedback from our guests, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced while staying. Once again we thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us, please rest assured that the information you have provided will be used accordingly to enhance our future guests' experiences among us and we hope you will visit us again in the future.
fab5forty’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Classica price drops

1. The temperature control in my room was not working so the room was not ventilated.
2. The toilet did not flush
3. Lack of daily ship activity itineraries
4. TV not working
Otherwise average interior ship cabin size with port hole window. Decor was earth toned.