Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Danni1985
- Sail Date: April 2019
- Destination: Western Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Interior
We arrived in Fort Lauderdale the night before after the million year journey from Australia. We stayed at the Rhodeway Inn which was basic but I highly recommend. The Rhodeway offered transport right to the door of the Royal Caribbean terminal and we on the ship in less than 30 minutes. Not that we knew we were on a ship... this thing is massive!! I could honestly not cover everything it has to offer in one review but the highlights for us were:
- Food. Variety, quantity, quality, just everything about it was 10/10.
- Drinks. We originally didn’t purchase the package but once on board they had “buy one get 50% off the second”! This proved to be awesome value as we were easily drinking over 10 cocktails a day! The drinks were incredible and available everywhere, I especially loved the Bionic Bar!
- Kids/Teen Club. We hardy saw our son. He would hang out at the teen club most the time and wouldn’t be back til 1am. He stayed out later than us!! He said it was the best time of his life and was quite upset once it was over as he had made so many friend. Our daughter was able to sign herself in and out of kids club at will but preferred being at the pools and slides.
- Entertainment. There was always something going on and a surprise around every corner, from the pool games to the piano player that would pop up in the elevator! The atmosphere everywhere was so fun and the positive vibe of the ship is just incredible. I wish I could live here!
Haiti - we chilled at the beach with a view of Harmony in the background. Our drinks from our drink package were included here and lunch was to die for!
Jamaica - we did a trolley tour of the local area which we arranged in the port itself, $20pp and fantastic value. Souvenirs out of the port are so much cheaper.
Mexico - We arranged our own excursion to Mr Sancho’s all inclusive resort. $55pp with all you can eat and drink. Can’t rate this place highly enough, definitely consider it!
Side notes: Internet is super fast and reliable everywhere on the ship. Each and every staff member we encountered was perfection. Wonderland is a must do. Make show reservations early online so you don’t miss out! Grease was fantastic!
Despite this being a 7 day cruise, I feel like we barely touched the surface of what this floating city has to offer and could have easily stayed twice as long. We are planning to make the long journey back in a couple of years for my husbands 40th. The kids are already on the countdown!
- Read more Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Private Resort Day PassWe booked Mr Sancho's online before we left which is highly recommend. A $20 taxi ride each way got us there and back, only 15 mins from the port.View All 182 Private Resort Day Pass Reviews
City TourAn hour long trolley tour was excellent value with a wonderful guide who provided excellent tidbits on the local area. There were a few stops a long the way and we were given ample time to look around.View All 48 City Tour Reviews
LabadeeBeautiful beaches, plenty of sun lounges, easy transportation around the area but very walkable to. Lunch was superb!View All 1,795 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Labadee Cruise Port Review