3. Ruby Princess
My wife and I wanted a "special" trip for our 50th anniversary. We have been cruising for 40 years now and enjoy the experience. We elected to go to Hawaii and wanted a round trip cruise. That fact limited us to only two cruise lines Princess and Carnival. The wife said to look at the trip as a celebration not a vacation. We thought since both lines belonged to the Carnival corporation the Princess cruise would be a little more upscale. We chose a Club Class Mini-Suite and air transportation arranged by Princess. The Club Class upgrade included Priority Boarding, I expected the same benefits as Carnival's Faster-2-Fun boarding. Not so, just a different check-in desk. No priority room preparation, no quick luggage delivery, no priority on excursions, and no speedier disembarkation. I'm sure Princess has a target cliental. If that is the case, my wife and I do not fit the criteria. As I said we were celebrating 50th years of marriage and are not all that young. However, we are young at heart, able to walk, like to smile, and do not believe the way to elevate your social stature is to belittle the ship's staff. We found a majority of the passengers were not smiling, used a cane or walker, were rude, and ready to complain about any topic. There were some great things on the ship in spite of the depressing overall attitude of many passengers. The Club Class dining venue was a shining star of service and attitude. Our cabin steward was excellent and kept the cabin in pristine order at all times. Maybe our expectations were just set too high. We expected to "Come Back New". We came back looking for a "Fun Ship".

50th Anniversary Trip

leemoseley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M1 D420
The cabin was very roomy. We enjoyed the large closet area as well as the bathtub. We had the internet package, but it would not work with my laptop in the cabin. For internet I had to go to the Piazza.
The door lock failed and we could not access our room one morning. While we were on a shore excursion the lock was replaced.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins