• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Edge Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

A different and interesting ship

Review for Celebrity Edge to the Western Caribbean
welovetahiti
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

I was hesitant on whether or not to write a review of our 4/14 week on the Edge because I agree with almost everything that has already been mentioned about this new ship. I booked early and watched as the ship was being built. The price for the infinite veranda was not worth the high cost when I read the description. It did not seem to have the benefits of a real balcony which is a must for my husband and me. We booked a panoramic ocean view stateroom located on deck 6. It had a view of a life boat but was not listed as having an obstructed view. I would not recommend this type of stateroom.

We are active retirees in our early 70s and have also traveled on land tours to Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Canada and throughout the United States. We try to book a cruise once a year, usually on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, or Princess. We were pleased with the mix of passengers, including millennials, generation x, baby boomers, and even well behaved children.

It was disappointing to read about the lack of shade on the pool deck and rooftop garden, entertainment that was not up to par with the previous 19 cruises we’ve experienced, the lack of interesting activities, and as always, the chair hogs that make it difficult to get a lounge chair. I found all of these things to be true. We were tempted to cancel but wanted to experience a brand new ship and the exciting things about the Edge. Everyone has different tastes, so I read the reviews for information, but wanted to see for myself. I’m glad I didn’t cancel, but both my husband and I do not think we’ll be repeating a cruise on the Edge class ships. We seemed to be disconnected with the ocean. The Magic Carpet looked like a construction site elevator and did not provide the connection to the sea that we’ve always enjoyed on a traditional balcony.

Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

Cabin PO

This cabin had a view of a life boat but was not listed as having an obstructed view. There was no discount offered for not being able to see the ocean. We being able to hear the ocean. I would not recommend this type of stateroom.

Find a Celebrity Edge Cruise from $848