3. Norwegian Bliss
Before we cruised I read every review I could find, and to be honest, I was concerned about the negative comments concerning the crew, the service, the food, etc. DON'T BELIEVE THEM!! We had an AMZING experience and highly recommend this ship and itinerary! EMBARKATION: Easy. Arrived around 10:30. No line at check in. We checked in, got our cards, and were on the ship around noon. STATEROOM: We had a balcony stateroom on Deck 10. Getting in to the closet was hard with the beds separated, but there was more than ample storage space. Bathroom had tons of storage too, and the shower was really big! Our stateroom steward John was wonderful! He gave us a towel animal every single day, to the delight of my 13-year-old daughter! Every request was fulfilled, from reconfiguring the beds (room was originally configured for a couple and I was travelling with my two teen daughters) to extra ice for my ice packs at night (I was 11 weeks from double knee replacements on this cruise and still icing at night). He even left us a note on the last night, thanking us for sailing with them and hoping to see us again. But it wasn't just OUR steward. We were in room 10898 towards the back of the ship, and often used the elevators or stairs at the front of the ship and walked the entire 10th floor back to our room. We passed MANY room stewards, and were ALWAYS greeted with a smile! Seriously, nearly every single crew member we encountered gave us a smile and a friendly greeting! ELEVATORS: I don't understand what all the complaints are about with the elevators?!? The only time they were busy was when a show let out (DUH!!), and we just walked to the other bank of elevators or took the stairs. FOOD: We ate in the Garden Café, Taste, Savor, Los Lobos, Q Smokehouse and Cagney's. The food in every venue was DELICIOUS! My kids loved the variety of the Garden Café. There were plenty of stations and we never waited in long lines. Yes, it got busy sometimes. It's a BUFFET! But the staff were very helpful directing the flow of traffic, always with a smile. We filled our water bottles on port days at the water station in the buffet. It was never a problem. You just have to use a glass and not fill the bottle directly, which is completely understandable. We ate breakfast and dinner a few times at Taste and Savor. Our meals were hot, delicious and timely. We never had a long wait, and the servers were friendly and accommodating. My daughter ordered the Alfredo without mushrooms. Not a problem. We asked tons of questions about the menus. Our servers answered patiently. We treated them with respect, engaged them in conversation, SMILED at them. These people work HARD to make sure we have a good vacation. We appreciated them, and in return we received fabulous service! SPECIALTY DINING: Again, the service was AMAZING!! At Los Lobos, we barely made it through the appetizers! We each took one bite of our entrees, and skipped desert. Q was pretty much the same, so we didn't order as many apps in Cagney's so we could enjoy our entrees! We got the specialty dining as a perk, but it was only for the first 2 people in the cabin. Each time we checked in, the hostess would say "third person is a la carte," and I was fully prepared to pay for that third meal. However, in ALL THREE SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS, the server did NOT charge me for the third meal, or the extra appetizers!! Our last night we ate in Cagney's, and our sweet server said "I'm gonna take good care of you! I'm going to make sure your last night of vacation is the best night. I'm not charging you for her meal." Hard to describe how that made us feel. Special to be sure. She even hugged me after the meal. As did our server in Los Lobos. And the young lady that made our table side guacamole was such a delight to talk to! I do NOT understand the negative reviews I read about the crew. I think it's more a reflection on the reviewer, and NOT the crew members... ENTERTAINMENT: We did EVERYTHING we possibly could, and still did not do all we wanted. Upon embarking, we went down a floor and used the screens near the elevator/stairs to book comedy shows, laser tag and go karts. Plenty of availability. I've never done laser tag, and I've never laughed so hard as when I did laser tag on the Bliss! Really fun! But skip the long lines at the Social and book them yourselves on the screens. We did family karaoke, saw Jersey Boys and Havana!, and hung out by the pool a LOT. Tip: plenty of loungers on Deck 17 above the pool deck. Not as loud up there and more sun than on the pool deck. We got 3 loungers together every single sea day. Plenty of waiters on the pool deck, and the Waves bar was never really busy. We used the fitness center in the mornings (we're early risers) and then sat reading in the hot tubs until the day warmed up. SHORE EXCURSIONS: We did Los Veranos Canopy Tours in Puerto Vallarta. The speed boat to the jungle was a BLAST!!! The zip-lining was AMAZING (14 lines!), and there's a restaurant over a river to swim in with a slide built into the rock and kayaks and all kinds of fun stuff to do. I HIGHLY recommend!! I booked directly with the company. In Mazatlán we rode horses on Stone Island with Maria's Happy Horses. They were AMAZING! Our group included first timers and long time riders, and the were so accommodating! 16 total from our ship, booked directly for $35 each. Again, I HIGHLY recommend!! In Cabo San Lucas, we did the Signature Dolphin Swim booked through NCL. AMAZING! We loved every minute of it, and splurged and bought the pics for around $179 dollars. SUMMARY: We had an amazing experience on the Bliss, and would definitely recommend this ship! Treat the crew with the respect they deserve, and they will give you the vacation of a lifetime!

Mexican Riviera BLISS!

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 10898

Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Dolphin Encounters
    We booked the Signature Swim. My family was blown away! What an experience! We were really impressed with how well the dolphins were treated, and how loved they were by the trainers! We splurged and bought the pics for about $179US. Once in a lifetime experience! Totally worth it!
    View All 18 Dolphin Encounters Reviews
  • Horseback Riding
    Great tour! They accommodated all levels of rider, from beginner to experienced! They used our cameras/phones and took individual and family pics during the ride. We had a great time chatting with Maria, her sister Lulu, her father Daniel and Sophie, who arranged all transportation. I HIGHLY recommend Maria's Happy Horses!!
    View All 4 Horseback Riding Reviews
  • Ziplining
    HIGHLY recommend! The speed boat ride to the jungle was a blast! 14 zip-lines, and the crew were AMAZING! After zip-lining, there's a restaurant over a river you can swim in, with a slide cut into the rock wall! SO MUCH FUN!!
    View All 21 Ziplining Reviews