• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jwlynch3
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Ocean View

We booked RCCL after sailing on NCL, Carnival, and MSC because we thought it would be more luxurious, but we've come to the conclusion all cruise lines are pretty much the same.

The food was great, but the latest food venue closed at 1:00am, and it only had nachos, hotdogs and burgers. They need a 24 hour dining option with a broader selection. We had all of our dinners in the main dinning room and all of the meals were great. The wait staff was also very attentive and worked very hard to make sure that every passenger was satisfied. They were very accommodating when I ordered 2 appetizers, or on the evening that I ordered 2 entrees so that I could have steak with my lobster.

The cabin steward was also top notch. Every time we left the room, he went in to clean, make the bed and straighten up.

Ocean View

Cabin 6N

The first surprise was that we didn't have the large ocean view window that we expected on RCCL. The most forward cabins only have double round windows with an oddly shaped facia that make it difficult to get to the window and see out. It was still better than an inside cabin, but I would have picked another room if I had known the window was like this.

Find a Grandeur of the Seas Cruise from $325