Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by jwlynch3

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

We booked RCCL after sailing on NCL, Carnival, and MSC because we thought it would be more luxurious, but we've come to the conclusion all cruise lines are pretty much the same.

The food was great, but the latest food venue closed at 1:00am, and it only had nachos, hotdogs and burgers. They need a 24 hour dining option with a broader selection. We had all of our dinners in the main dinning room and all of the meals were great. The wait staff was also very attentive and worked very hard to make sure that every passenger was satisfied. They were very accommodating when I ordered 2 appetizers, or on the evening that I ordered 2 entrees so that I could have steak with my lobster.

The cabin steward was also top notch. Every time we left the room, he went in to clean, make the bed and straighten up.

The only negative on this cruise was the first day tossing and turning enroute to Bermuda. The Captain was trying to get away from a storm system and was streaming full speed across the Atlantic which made the ship pitch and lean heavliy to port and starboard. Lots of sea sickness bags were placed on the stair ways, and guest services was giving out free sea sickness pills.

There was one other minor negative as this ship did not provide digital photos. The photo prices were reasonable, but on Carnival and MSC, we were able to get digital files that we could immediately share online with friends. I was told that the ship didn't have the server capacity to support digital photography.

Everything else about this cruise was great.

jwlynch3's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6N 3514

The first surprise was that we didn't have the large ocean view window that we expected on RCCL. The most forward cabins only have double round windows with an oddly shaped facia that make it difficult to get to the window and see out. It was still better than an inside cabin, but I would have picked another room if I had known the window was like this.

jwlynch3