3. MSC Preziosa
My wife and I (Indonesian) were on our Europe (German) holidays, It was almost 3 weeks and we closed the trip with this cruise, starting from Kiel that is about 90 minutes from Hamburg where my son lived by train. We arrived in Germany, August 17, 2018 and from this time on, my son joined the trip. Since this was the first cruise for my son so I selected the moderate cruising period, normally I preferred a bit longer. Preziosa Northern Europe Cruise fit to our schedule well, and after looking at the ship specification we were convinced that it would meet our expectation. In general it was good experience, beautiful ship, nice and clean cabin, very kind and helpful staffs, great itinerary and good amenities Dining experience was not great, and since this was my first cruise outside of Asia, I was wondering whether it was typical European cruise or the ship. The complimentary meal were served only at the Inca Maya (buffet), and either Le Arabesque or Golden Lounge. At the Inca Maya, mostly European/Western menu, hardly Asian, and the theme was almost the same during the cruise. Food taste ranged from mediocre to good. Nice hospitality from the restaurant crews. Inca Maya was almost always crowded all the time, gave the impression the ratio to the passenger was too small. Theatre show was below my expectation, no such great show at all. Limited lazy chairs around the swimming pool area. The Gym was not bad but almost all the cardio machines occupied during sea days. Shuttle to the center of the cities were provided at all ports, we took the St Petersburg excursion, which was good. Both embarkation and disembarkation process was good and efficient. Transfer service to the ship from / to Kiel Hbf was provided by paying only 10 Euros.

Not so wonderful as expected

MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by GregTan

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Bella Interior Stateroom

Theatre show was below my expectation, no such great show at all.

Limited lazy chairs around the swimming pool area.

Both embarkation and disembarkation process was good and efficient.

GregTan’s Full Rating Summary