• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

MSC Lirica Review

Editor Rating
14 Awards

Excellent Cruise, incredible itinerary.

Review for MSC Lirica to the Middle East

Going through the Suez Canal
Pilot boat escorting us
Petra, Jordan
After leaving Jordan.

We chose this cruise because it was good value for money. It was a very good deal and it included our flights with Emirates to Dubai return from New Zealand. We arrived 2 days before departure to explore the city of Dubai. Embarkation was smooth. We were allocated a time to embark( 6 pm) which we did. The suitcases didn't arrived till midnight which was a pain. Our cabin was an inner cabin on Bella. Good bed but they were fold up bunk beds close to the sides of the main bed and I had hit my head a few times on that. We did a back to back cruise, so after the 20 days , there was a 4 day cruise and we were given an other cabin just 3 door further up the corridor, that room was bigger and had no fold up beds above the sides.

The ship itself I think is beautiful, a nice size, not too big.

We had booked all excursions beforehand online with the MSC excursions. This way it was cheaper but also safer to be with an MSC excursion. We loved it and learned so much.

Inside Stateroom

Cabin I1

Like I said above, this room had a nice size comfortable bed but it also had folded up to the sides, a bunk bed, which stuck out a bit so when I come out of bed I would forget it was there and hit my head on it, till I remembered it was there and try to avoid it. Later we got room 8177 and that wasn't there so much better.

2 Helpful Votes