• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Odjig
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Interior

South America Santiago, Chile March 14, 2019 to Los Angeles, March 30, 2019) appealed to my wife and I. We enjoyed Chile (Santiago and Coquimbo), Peru (San Martin and Lima) and Costa Rica (Puntarenas), less so Nicaragua (San Juan del Sur), that was rushed and felt a little unsafe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, that was a free day to unwind. We chose eZAir for our flight (13 hours) from LA four days earlier and the only regret was not arranging our departure from Phoenix via LA/Santiago. The Star Princess was a welcome relief after a disastrous inaugural repositioning cruise with MSC Seaside. We have been on the Emerald Princess a number of times, so the Star Princess, a sister ship, was very familiar and a welcome relief. A few glitches arose such as the 5:15 PM supper start; 6:00 PM is much better and definitely preferred. Entertainment and food selection at Supper seemed to be slightly less diverse then previously but was vastly better than my previous encounter on the Seaside. Food would rate a 4/5. Dining, cabin, bar and general services were exemplary and would rate 4/5. The one exception was the staff member at the Captain's Circle Counter who was not courteous when I spoke to her rather somewhat short/rude. Entertainment was good (3.5/5), especially the stage productions, but overall slightly more muted (comedy, rock bands, classical music, etc.) than my last Princess cruise from Rome to Ft Lauderdale. Most of our shore excursions were private as there are no guarantees with Princess and we get, more for less. Most of these I will review through Trip Adviser. Overall this cruise provided some healing from past cruises and new friends. We will once again return in 2021 for a 31 day fall cruise via Vancouver to Sydney, Australia.

Interior

Cabin IA

Familiar layout that meets our needs fairly well

1 Helpful Vote