3. Pride of America
Chose the 7 day cruise from Honolulu because it was easier than island hopping via inter island air, booking air bnbs, etc. We had an ocean view room which was clean and cozy. House keeping staff was great and friendly. The ship itself seemed clean. There was one hot tub that I assume was out of order on the pool deck, it had no water in it. Plenty of time to explore while at port. We rented a car almost at every one, and those when we didn’t, we wished we had. We had plenty of time at the Hilo port to drive to Volcanoes National Park to explore and drive Chain of Craters Road, and see Akaka Falls. I wouldn’t recommended taking any tours through the ship. For Maui we booked with Valley Isle Excursions on our first day for Road to Hana since the shipped was docked overnight. It was awesome and they’re the only company that goes past Hana and takes a back road back to port so you can see more of the island. We booked the Haleakalā tour through the ship but were somewhat disappointed. While the guide was exceptional and hilarious, you don’t go to the summit and you have 20 minutes at the visitor center, for $125pp! The drive is nothing scary or difficult, I HIGHLY recommend renting a vehicle from a company that will let you drive up. We booked a helicopter tour on our first day in Kauai’i with Mauna Loa, which does private tours of 2+ people of your group only! It’s so worth the extra money. On board food: The food and service at East Meets West was excellent, but make reservations ahead of time. Skyline - excellent service from the food service team. Not so good service from one of the hostesses at night. My friend and I were on our way back to our room from the spa and decided to stop by to make a reservation for later in the evening. The hostess looked my friend up and down, so my friend felt the need to say “don’t worry I won’t be dressed like this when we come for dinner, we just left the spa.” I’ve read reviews on here about the American staff being ignorant and rude, and I’m ashamed to say it’s true. The food was only ever slightly warm, never hot. Aloha Cafe Majority of the staff looked miserable, and besides the staff spraying sanitizer before walking in, no one else ever greeted anyone or was friendly/personable. The food was never warm, which made us nervous about food safety so we wouldn’t eat certain items or only took from the back of the plates, when fresh items were put out. Key west grill: Same offerings everyday but at least you could get a hot burger and hot dog without having to ponder if it was going to make you sick. On board entertainment was good from the few shows we went to. On board comedy with Vince is not to be missed!!

4/13/19-4/20/19 7 DAY CRUISE

Key west grill:

amberroseb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

• Chain of Craters
    Rented a car and drove to Volcanoes National Park, the Chain of Craters Road, and to Akaka Falls. Definitely better to go explore on your own than a tour bus. I brought my National Parks annual pass so admission was free. Incredible drive. We drove to the end to the sea arch.
    View All 4 Chain of Craters Reviews
  • Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour
    View All 113 Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour Reviews
  • USS Arizona
    The platform is closed at this time, but they still have a movie to watch and then take you on boats as close to the Arizona as possible. Pearl Harbor is a must see while on Oahu.
    View All 65 USS Arizona Reviews
  • Helicopter Tour
    After researching every helicopter tour on the island, Mauna Loa was the best choice. We didn't want to be crammed into a helicopter with a bunch of strangers and not be able to see. Mauna Loa is only slightly more expensive and worth it to fly with your group ONLY! Everything was great from booking over the phone, checking in, and flight. Best money I ever spent. My husband and I flew with our doors off, and my friend had her door on. Very accommodating and an incredible experience! Music and commentary from our pilot during the flight was awesome!
    View All 60 Helicopter Tour Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    We found it was better to rent a car at every port and explore on our own. Locals give insight on where to go. We went snorkeling and saw so much sea life, it was incredible and fun!
    View All 68 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Haleakala Crater
    This tour doesn't go to the summit and you get 20 minutes at the visitor center at 9,000 ft. Would have been better off renting a vehicle and driving up ourselves. Not worth $125pp.
    View All 88 Haleakala Crater Reviews