• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Mimired54
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Oceanview Picture Window
Water coming up through the carpet  in the bathroom area and behind the toi
Plumbing issue
Pizza in Sorrento, Italy
Art  in the Cathedral.

It was one of the things on my bucket list, travel the Mediterranean. We flew to Barcelona a day earlier and had a greseat time there.

Embarkation was a breeze. The first three ports were everything that had read about and anticipated. I participated in a sound demonstration in the bull ring at Palma Majorca https://youtu.be/3S5Yl5M9G8o Day three was a pivotal time in my cruise experience. There was a plumbing problem in the bathroom on the third day of the cruise. On March 30 the carpet was wet from a leak coming from the bathroom and the flushing was faulty. It took two days to get the problem resolved. We had to tolerate having suctioning and a blower in the cabin on two separate occasions. April 1 we padded the floor with towels ( I have pictures and videos)

When the plumber finally showed up to stop the leak, he completed the work and left a mess.

Oceanview Picture Window

Cabin OA

There was a plumbing problem in the bathroom on the third day of the cruise. On March 30 the carpet was wet from a leak coming from the bathroom and the flushing was faulty. It took two days to get the problem resolved. We had to tolerate having suctioning and blower in the cabin on two separate occasions. April 1 we padded the floor with towels ( I have pictures and videos)

Thankfully Sanjay our cabin attendant cleaned up and made the area nice.

Then the refrigerator stopped working.

Customer service was contacted and their solution was to offer a canin that would be a downgrade which we rejected.

We. choose not to continue to make lemonade with the lemons and enjoy our cruise despite the not so pleasant conditions. I personally will have strong objections to cruising with NCL as a result of this incident and how it was handled.

3 Helpful Votes