3. Norwegian Epic
My husband and two kids age 5 and 7 and myaelf cruised with a family group of 10 ranging in ages 5-80 to the eastern Caribbean. We all had a blast. The kids loved it and want to go again. They didn’t do any of the kids club stuff, wanted to stay with us. They had a blast eating whatever they wanted each day and swimming all day. We all wanted to stay another week and would go again. The Epic was a great ship and didn’t feel overcrowded like I was worried it would during Easter week. They did a great job having enough to do and open space for the amount of people it holds! I will try to cover below everything I wanted to know before going. Embarkation: quick and painless. We arrived around 11:45am and the line moved quickly. We were all checked in, had stopped at our room and were laying on the pool deck by 1pm. Food: excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed the meals each night and couldn’t stop talking about the quality. I’m an experienced foodie and still rate it very high. We ate mostly at Garden Cafe buffet for breakfast and lunch and Manhatten Room for dinner. Also tried Taste. All were excellent. Buffet had so many quality choices including amazing salad bar, and freshly made to order pastas, noodle soups with veggies and omlets. Entertainment: wow! The Beatles band was a hit for all 10 of us and so much fun singing and dancing. Burn the Floor was amazing and so were the comedians, dueling pianos and other bands that played at dinner, pool deck and at night. Never a lack of fun entertainment each night. Cabin: always clean and even though it was small there was lots of storage space. My 5’11” husband found the beds a little short. Balcony was spacious and perfect for us. I liked how the shower was separate from the toilet. Room steward was very nice and attentive. Did a great thorough job. Excursions: took taxis on Tortola and St Thomas to beaches. Gorgeous water and sand. $8pp per way. Very reasonable. Felt safe. tried to do stingray excursion on private island but it was too windy so seas were rough and we didn’t go. Beach there was great and plenty of chairs. Could have used umbrellas and more chairs with shade but it’s so windy there I can see why they don’t have umbrellas. They had palm trees scattered for some shade. Other: Pools are open as soon as you get on the ship so if you have kids with you, wear your bathing suits. Make tender reservations ASAP when you can. We were told morning of that next available tender was at noon! I didn’t make a reservation because I figured we could just walk on. The night before we got on the ship we stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port. Fabulous hotel and restaurant and great pool. Would def stay there again and even add an extra day to just swim and enjoy it more. Shuttle to cruise booked through the Radisson but had to wait over an hour from our reservation time. Next time would skip that and take an Uber. The Epic was a fabulous time for all ages and we’d all go again!

Whole family had amazing time from age age 5 to 80!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by CruiseFan9944

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony

I will try to cover below everything I wanted to know before going.

The Epic was a fabulous time for all ages and we’d all go again!
CruiseFan9944’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Family Balcony
Cabin B2 13146
Stateroom was clean and I liked the layout. Lots of storage for a family of four. I liked how the shower was separate from the toilet. Balcony was great. Very spacious. Beds were a little short for my 5’11” husband but great for kids and myself.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins