Marina Cruise Review

Marina Cruise Review by Sea42

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level

We very much enjoyed our first experience with Oceania on the Marina for the January 2019 Chile to Papeete cruise.

We thought the value for the money was great. We had 9 sea days on our 18 day cruise and I found interesting things to do everyday. The lectures offered (morning and afternoons) were informative and give us a better understanding of the region and its history. I loved the cooking classes, I attended 7! The evening entertainment was so/so but with friends along we had no trouble having fun talking, listening to music and enjoying adult beverages.

We had a verandah cabin. While it was smaller than what we've sailed in previously (HAL Signature Suites) it met our needs. The furnishings were in good order and we thought the bathroom was well laid out and a good size for the cabin category. The only negative in my opinion was the location of the closets so close to the bedside, that was inconvenient at times. The cabin attendant did a good job but was the most crabby cruise ship employee I have ever encountered. It was the only time I have ever left a negative comment about an individual on a comment card.

I really appreciated not having to wait for any type of seating. Whether it was a dining area, in a bar or around the pool there was always available seating. Beverage service was excellent with the exception of the indoor area of the Terrace Cafe.

The food was wonderful with only a couple of misses the entire cruise. We ate in every restaurant with the exception of the couple extra fee venues. Service was prompt and friendly.

Overall a very enjoyable cruise!

Sea42's Full Rating Summary