3. Nieuw Statendam
Holland America, review of cruise 3-30 thru 4-07-19 I decided to go on a cruise for my 60th BD and chose Holland America. We drove down on Saturday with Sylvia, Michael and Mary and landed at Edgewater/New Smyrna Beach. Went to the Garlic for dinner, it was fantastic. The next day we drove the 3 hours to Fort Lauderdale. We made it to the ship where Heaven awaited. Rizky and Jo took excellent care of our cabin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They knew our names and worked so hard! We went to the Pinnacle restaurant that first night. The next day we were at Sea where I found that JR made me an excellent bloody Mary on Deck 10. Then we had the OCEANSIDE BAR, DECK 2 with Rommel, Jeorge, Reul, Bernardo ( the manager) take great care of us the next 7 nights.. The next day we were at Turks and Caicos where we went Whale watching. We saw 3 sets of whales! The next day was my BD, we sailed into San Juan and went to the Spanish rooftop bar at the top of Hotel Milano where we had Mojitos. That night we had dinner at Canaletto I spent all day wearing my Tiara and everybody calling me “Princess”. Thursday, we sailed into St. Thomas where we picked up our tour to Mountaintop. Banana Daquiris were amazing and the shopping was the best. Friday was a day at sea, we had breakfast on the LIDO DECK/Buffet which is where we had breakfast everyday. My husband jumped up and left his phone, but, Agung saw it and made sure we got it back. While we were having lunch, Nino, Assistant Beverage Manager asked if he could get me anything? I said I would love an unsweetened ice tea and he ended up getting me 3!! It was so kind and Jeff also helped as I am disabled, this meant a lot! Dinner at Tamarind Saturday was at half moon Cay where we spent time on the beach from 10 to 2. It was beautiful but it was HOT! dinner at Tamarind Sunday, we docked and were at the car by 9:00AM. We drove back 8 HOURS. Steak and Shake was lunch and we were back by 5:30pm.

New Ship

Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review by tinalovesthekeys

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite with Verandah
Holland America, review of cruise 3-30 thru 4-07-19

We went to the Pinnacle restaurant that first night.

tinalovesthekeys’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Statendam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin BC 5110
Cabin was open and kept very clean. Beds were amazing. Wallscreaked at night because it is a new ship?
Mozart Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins