3. Celebrity Summit
I had high expectations post-revolution as I was on the Summit last August and was excited to see the improvements. Were it not for the excellent staff I would have left really pissed off. We took a taxi from the airport to the pier. There were no ships in port so it would have been nice if they used a dock in town instead of their current location. Too much to get off and taxi into town. Check-in was a breeze and once on the ship we we were offered the usual glass of wine, which is always warm, so I declined. We went directly to our room to drop off our belongings then went to lunch. Imagine our surprise to see the tiny safe. Thank goodness we left our iPads at home. The ship on a whole is still old and rusty so don't expect magic. The Oceanview Cafe was improved and I liked the new layout. The food however, was like a one-trick pony. Same thing every day and after a couple of days everything tasted the same. Hated the Sunset Bar. Very little shade and the bar was way too narrow for the staff and everyone got wet when it rained. No improvement in Blu and the food was just okay. Staff, however, was amazing. Internet was a disgrace and not high speed, as advertised. Was much worse than pre-revolution. Kept disconnecting and spinning so nothing would load. The app was quite useful, however, the feature to unlock the door would not work. Entertainment poolside was lame. Lively Caribbean bands are a thing of the past. Disembarkation was very organized and went smoothly. Immigration/Customs lines were very long. We have Global Entry so bypassed everyone. Best $100 I ever invested. Overall this was a very disappointing cruise. Maybe I went with my expectations too high as I have been cruising Celebrity since the old Century, Horizon and Zenith ships and have witnessed the steady decline over the years. Sadly every cruise line has issues and there is no perfect cruise line any more.

I Was Not Wowed - Post Revolution

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Ereggae

The ship on a whole is still old and rusty so don't expect magic.

No improvement in Blu and the food was just okay. Staff, however, was amazing.

Ereggae’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Aqua Class
Cabin A1 1112
I hated this room. The length of the bed makes the room smaller. In addition, the wall in front of the bed is not flat so because of the intrusive abutment to mount the TV, we kept banging into the TV. The bathroom was much smaller and we also kept banging into the bar, which is in an awkward position (came home with several bruises). The dream shower jets were removed and replaced with an inferior replacement. If you need to take a shower before dinner, do so before 5 as there is not much water pressure. Storage was not an issue, however. The balcony was very small and every time it rains it became a swimming pool, so we could not go outside. This is a long-standing issue reported numerous times so we thought it would have been addressed during the remodel. In fine form it was ignored. Lastly, do not bring large gadgets if you expect to store them in the safe as the safe was downsized to fit a couple of wallets, travel documents and cell phones. The size of the opening for the safe was large enough to place a decent sized safe but they opted for this horrible one.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins