Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Cornick

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 2B

This was our first time on Celebrity. We choose this cruise because of the itinerary, repositioning cruise up the West Coast. We flew into San Diego and spent a few days there, and then a few days in Vancouver at the end of the cruise. Embarkation and disembarkation were fine/typical. The ship is beautiful, the clientele a little older. We were among the youngest at 54. We loved the suspended tree, library, Team Earth space.

I have to mention (as if Celebrity will see this review), for the muster, people are not interested in watching a cheesy video on how to put on a life vest. What should've taken 5 minutes took more like 20 because of the video, which we didn't even watch (we listened, tho) because the video screen for our section was broken. Skip the gimmicks and let us get back to our cruise!

The Cruise Director Alejandro and "Super Captain" Leo were outstanding. When we couldn't drop the tenders for transport into Monterey, "Super Captain" Leo got us a spot in San Francisco, so we could spend two nights in San Fran instead of another sea day.

We take the stairs a lot and I found the railings were always gummy/sticky, even though I frequently saw someone cleaning them. I tried not to touch them because I knew I'd find a gummy/sticky spot and it grossed me out.

We spent the sea days in the Solarium, which we loved, but I never saw a waiter asking us if we wanted a drink or anything. The Sky Lounge on 14 is a beautiful space but we were kicked out one evening because we weren't in the Captain's Club. It's a huge space and hardly anyone was in there, but out we went.

The evening entertainment was good except for one night - I can't remember what the show was called but it was supposed to be a Mozart fusion kind of show. We mostly just looked at each other like "What is going on?" Should've been so much better. But for the most part the entertainment was very entertaining. The show on the last night, Elyria, was absolutely beautiful and mesmerizing.

The food was good, but there didn't seem to be much variety and I've seen much better presentation on other cruise lines. Note to Celebrity - scrambled eggs aren't supposed to be soupy...

Overall we did have a nice cruise but we'll probably go back to another cruise line instead of Celebrity.

Cornick's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 2B
Cabin 2B 8251

The cabin was great. We were the first cabin on the bump out and had a bigger balcony. Not as big as I was expecting but then realized the cabins further out on the bump out would have bigger balconies, but ours was fine. The cabin has a ton of storage, some of which we didn't even find until after we were unpacked (there are cabinets above the bed!). Lots of storage in the bathroom. Bathroom is a really good size. Shower was a good size. Overall a great cabin!

Cornick