Costa neoRiviera Cruise Review

Costa neoRiviera Cruise Review by grumpygrouchy

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

We had previously traveled with Costa and it was just wonderful. Hoping for a similar experience, we booked this trip with great difficulty. Costa would not return e-mails or phone calls with our travel agent. They shoved a comfort package up our nose, saying we could not have the room without the package. Our room steward was wonderful. The swimming pool was very small and the hot tub was extremely dirty. The food was boring to say the least. Two buffet tables each with the same: always two curry dishes and two pasta dishes that were the same. That means a grand total of four spaces for each. From the buffet,hot water and free coffee were limited to breakfast and tea time.The coffee was just horrid. The cruise had been initially listed as 2 nights longer and we booked a bus tour accordingly. So we almost had to pull teeth to get Costa to cover our two extra nights in Rome that would have normally been on board. For the most part, much of the staff were rude and very stuck in their job descriptions. But there were a couple of gems: Lewis in the buffet room, two very special little ladies in the buffet room who got me hot water when I need it badly, the gentleman at reception who made the arrangements for me to play the bar piano in the afternoon(grr - first time had to find someone with a key, AND a piano bench). And since I was sick from Mumbai to Rome, everything was extremely frustrating. It was just our bad luck that we were not Italian, or our fortune that we were not screaming out heads off in that language. I could go on and on, but I think I have expressed my extreme disappointment with the whole trip.

grumpygrouchy's Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IC 8142

Clean, constant comfortable temperature(could have been a little cooler but why fix something that might get broken??) Horrible misunderstanding over first bottle of water that did not have its label on its neck. Finally resolved with a refund. Absolutely ridiculous price for a bottle of water. Our room steward Dexter was just great, a real keeper. Excellent supply of linens and towels. No extra blanket, had to ask for face cloths.

grumpygrouchy