• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children
 Formal night with dining staff
 Fountain show was pretty but freezing
 Desserts were amazing
 Nice balcony but it was cold

I chose this because of the ports, two new Mexican ports on the west side. However, they were disappointing. Cabo required a tender and we didn’t get on the beach until almost 3 PM! Also, to pay for a ship excursion or a private beach club was $100 each, and the public beach was crammed with vendors so not pleasant. Water was freezing. In Mazatlan I had booked the salsa and salsa, which I had planned to do for years. It was $90 a person, fine, my daughter enjoyed it, but there was actually no men to dance with and no free time to dance at the end. We only had an hour to use the lovely resort pool and beach, which was not long enough, and the price included unlimited margaritas but how much tequila can one drink at 10 o’clock in the morning? Puerto Vallarta was great, as always. The ship was very clean, and the staff was very polite, professional, attentive, but almost too formal. I would have like more interaction with the crew, and please provide some male dancers! There were literally hundreds of women wanting to dance at all the lounges and dance events, but only one or two men. Pretty ship, very clean, enough events but not enough dance shows. Also, the evening dining conflicted with several of the shows so we missed some. I’m getting on and off was efficient, baggage handled well, really nothing was crowded and in fact most of the bars and lounges were empty most of the time. The Zumba & dance classes we are very well attended, so hello, have more space and time for those!

Balcony

Cabin BA

I chose a port side cabin at the back, because I like to be in the quiet area and usually gets more sun. However, it was so cold I hardly used the balcony. It was also a little rougher than I like. The cabin was a little cramped but we had enough storage space and everything was very clean. At one point the TV stopped working, and we had to call about the air-conditioning, but they were both fixed.

previous reviewnext review