3. Majestic Princess
My husband and I are avid cruise travelers and have sailed through 6 continents with budget-friendly cruise companies to high-end small ships. Princess Cruises has always been considered as a mid to upper class cruise company and our past experiences with them in North America certainly meet that standard. However, it’s not the same on their ships sailing from Taiwan!! My voyage with Majestic Princess from Taiwan this time confirmed that they must have either brought the worst dinning room wait staffs from other ships to be on this one or these people are just untrained. They were not only rude, but also unprofessional (from never smiles, to often forget our drink orders to only give one menu to the entire group of 4 people...etc). And the breakfast buffet had such limited choices of food that I thought I was on a commercial cargo ship. I had sailed with Princess Cruises from Taiwan in 2016 and had a very bad experience in their dinning room that prompted me to sent a written complaint to their executive office and I would think they would have made some improvements already, but I was disappointed again by their dinning room service this time. Princess Cruises needs to really step up to the game on their service on their Taiwan cruises or they will loose consumer confidence soon. Besides the dinning room bad experience, their photo booth staff were also unprofessional and careless. I had to repeat myself multiple times to multiple employees and even after I called to confirm my order, they still made the same mistake. I would say the areas that Majestic Princess meets Princess Cruises standards were their stateroom staff and entertainment staff.

Great ship but bad service

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by tarahbarry

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed view)
tarahbarry’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Balcony (obstructed view)
Cabin BW E228
Excellent service and great staff. Out stateroom attendant, Briccio, was always friendly and attentive to our requests. This is the level of service that we expect from Princess Cruises. And he certainly delivered that.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins