Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review
3,650 Reviews

Worst service on the seas

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by mcwhet

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

I have been going through some personal problems. MY spouse and my Doctor suggested a cruise, because every one knows how fun they are and they thought it was the perfect thing. Well the first night the maître de was very rude when we asked to be put on the list for dinner. The hostess tried to be nice and told him that they still had a whole section they had not opened yet. The Maître de was very rude to her and told us it would be 30 minutes. NO problem, went tried to get a drink while we waited. No wait staff anywhere. So we went to the nearest bar and ordered drinks, it took 20 minutes. At dinner the wait staff were working very had to keep up with everything. That was impossible for them. We keep running out of water, he forgot our bread basket. NO smiles, no apologies, he was just to busy to care. Everyday was like this. One morning I just had to complain. The service was so offal and food was terrible. I was so upset I spent 2 hours crying in my room. We made it into 2 shows Jungle Dreams and the rock show. Both shows were fantastic. The food and service at the Jungle dreams show was delicious and on point. We tried to get into some of the bars, the lines were long and over crowded when we did get in. NO wait staff again. some clubs had standing room only. we didn't like that very much. so we ended up watching tv in our room a lot. I would never recommend this cruise line to anyone. The waitstaff was rude and practically not there. I fact I am thinking about suing Norwegian for a full refund. And medically setting my recovery back.

mcwhet's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin OB 5132

Our stedward was great always greeted us with a smile and offer of assistance. He provided us with the best part of our cruise.

mcwhet