Azamara Journey Cruise Review

One of the best cruises we have been on

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by itsme3

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Club Veranda Stateroom

We decided to go on this cruise because I would celebrate my 70th birthday on the ship, I had never been to the Caribbean, after 10 cruises we decided to try out a more luxury ship and finally we wanted to visit New York for the first time.

We had previously sailed on the Tahitian Princess many years ago. It was also an R class ship, identical to the Journey. We loved the ship and the destinations then.

Firstly, the negative things:

The shower was very small compared to other ships. We could barely turn around in the shower.

On the White NIght evening there were no where near enough tables for the passengers. We managed to obtain a table eventually but many passengers told me they had to eat in one of the restaurants and missed out on all the White Night Entertainment.

I was very disappointed on my 70th birthday. We decided to eat at the Aqualina Restaurant as it was a special night. We had a Premium Beverage Package where nearly all brands of drinks are included. The waiter offered us a bottle of wine which I thought was included. He did not tell me till after he had opened it that there would be a $40 charge.for the wine on top of the $30 admission. On other cruises on my birthdays the crew had always sang happy birthday to me and given me a cake and a free bottle of wine. Not on this ship!!!

The last thing and most important thing that infuriated us was people getting up early and putting personal items on deck chairs to reserve them for the day. Signs up saying not to do this, but the crew were not enforcing it. On a nice day do not expect to find a free deck chair on this ship. Because of this we may not sail on the Journey again. When we pay a premium for a cruise we do not expect to have to sit in the lounge on a nice day!!!

On a positive note. we found the crew exceptional and all passengers very friendly, The atmosphere on this was great and we have made some friends which we will keep in touch with.

itsme3's Full Rating Summary

Club Veranda Stateroom
Cabin V2 6060

Cabin kept very clean and the decor excellent but the shower very small

Not up to my expectation. Too many people on tour who were not fit. We had to keep stopping for them. and only cycled about 5 Km

View All undefined undefined Reviews